PDA

View Full Version : grizzly g0568 24" 5hp single phase

christopher saintdenis
09-19-2006, 10:43 PM
I am considering the purchase of the Grizzly g0568 bandsaw. Any comments about quality, performance, and price comparions ect... would greatly be appreciated.

Mark Marzluf
09-19-2006, 10:50 PM
What's the main goal you're trying to acomplish with a new saw?

Grizzly's large bandsaws have always had a good reputation for quality and durability but may not be the best saw for you depending on what you want it to do..

Chris Livingston
09-21-2006, 4:13 PM
I purchased the 20" 3hp single phase about 3 years ago and now that I've really started using it wished I'd saved a bit more and bought something else. A saw like that should be something you'll keep forever, don't spend the money and regret you didn't spend more on a better one.

David Romasco
09-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Christopher,

I've had the 5 HP G0568 running in our shop for a little over a month now. Plenty of power, and it came in pretty near perfect alignment. So far, no negatives or regrets to report (other than my near-perfect record of forgetting to retension the blade before starting the saw; I'm dealing with this by putting the safety key on a ring that's hung on the big tensioning lever). Resawing has been good with the accessory fence.

Shiraz Balolia
09-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I purchased the 20" 3hp single phase about 3 years ago and now that I've really started using it wished I'd saved a bit more and bought something else. A saw like that should be something you'll keep forever, don't spend the money and regret you didn't spend more on a better one.

Chris - I believe that the machine you have is the G0507, which we don't sell anymore - discontinued in 2004. It was from a different factory. The G0568 is a far superior machine.