PDA

View Full Version : Machinery Gloat

Frank Kobilsek
09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
First of all I didn't take a picture so forgive me. Saturday I took my Dad to an auction of a deceased woodworker in my area. The gentlemen was an accomplished carver and also did some turning. We pick-up a Wolverine jig with the vari-grind option for $45 and a Jet mini, with small set of Crown tools, several extra drive centers, and a set of collet chucks for $195. Everything looked nearly new. This stuff will go to Dad's shop. He is thrilled. We have been hauling my Mini back and forth to his basement and he has been running out to my house to sharpen tools. He went home and added eveything up in the Crafts Supply catalog and it came to just under $600.

My big buy at the sale was a box of (18) 105" bandsaw blades for $65.

Not a bad day with Dad. He had surgery a couple weeks ago and needs to do some light duty for a while, I think these new toys are just the ticket.

Frank

Keith Burns
09-19-2006, 1:14 PM
Way COOL Frank !!!! (Even without the pics):) :)

Scott Donley
09-19-2006, 2:01 PM
Sounds like a great day with Dad and a great tool gloat :D

Tyler Howell
09-19-2006, 2:03 PM
Didn't happen,
No excuses!!!
Congrats to your dad.:D

Ernie Nyvall
09-19-2006, 6:52 PM
Congrats Frank. Sounds like a great day.

Corey Hallagan
09-19-2006, 7:47 PM
Great gloats all around, congrats!!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
09-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Mighty cool being with your dad. I wish I had did more with my dad. Now he has deminita. Enjoy every minute. Your dad will get a kick out of light duty work of turning.

Frank Fusco
09-20-2006, 3:08 PM
How much did the deceased woodworker go for? :eek: ;)

Frank Kobilsek
09-20-2006, 3:35 PM
Frank,
That's bad. His estate is going to add up though. They sold carving tools one at a time and in most cases got new value. I told my wife I was going to quit paying my life insurance and my Flexcut and Pfeil collection would take care of her when I was gone. The auction is running three Saturdays. First tools & wood, Second household and antiques, third tools and wood.
Frank

Dennis Peacock
09-21-2006, 1:46 AM
Didn't happen,
No excuses!!!
Congrats to your dad.:D

Git'em Tyler.!!!!

Oh yea....congrats Frank!!! :D