PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle ZX (GCC Explorer) Laser Air Assist

James Fillmore
09-19-2006, 9:35 AM
I'm not crazy about the air blow/assit on my ZX. I'd PREFER a nozzle that came straight down like on Trotec laser engravers or even LOW END Pinnacle units.

Has anyone retrofitted a nozzle on thier ZX?

Does any company MAKE a nozzle for a ZX (or GCC Explorer)?

Has anone adapted a carriage from one of the other Pinnacle/GCC laser to thier ZX? I looked. They are about $350 for a carraige assembly problem is they only have one length nozzle. I'd like a different length nozzle for each foacl length mirror; 2", 4"...

Joe Pelonio
09-19-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm not familiar with your setup, but on my epilog, it seems like it would be easy to bend some metal tubing the right shape and connect it with a short piece of plastic hose. Probably wouldn't hurt to then wrap a piece of metal tape around the joint to protect the hose from flames.

Rodne Gold
09-19-2006, 5:03 PM
The nozzles on my explorers are directional and swivel , far better than a downward blowing one as you can direct the air assist where you want it

I find the explorer system far better then the mercurys with the concentric system and pressurised lens box.
What problems are you having with your air assist at present?

James Fillmore
09-19-2006, 9:05 PM
The nozzles on my explorers are directional and swivel , far better than a downward blowing one as you can direct the air assist where you want it

I find the explorer system far better then the mercurys with the concentric system and pressurised lens box.
What problems are you having with your air assist at present?

For one thing the air blow on the side blows all the dust (from the materials I cut) to the side with the #2 & #3 lenses. Didrt accumlates on that side 100X more that the RH side - no exagerating (SP?).

Then when I change lenses I have to reaim the blow and it's hard to be exact.

Plus with the 4" lense the blow is MUCH farther away from the materials that I need MORE air blow.

Also a pressureized blow would at least keep the one side of my lense clean.

Other than that its OK :)

I'm probaly gonna have a custom made part machined outta plastic with that will slip over the lense holder and be held in plase by a couple inner grooves with Orings for a "sticktion" fit. Maybe make 2 sizes for the 2 focal lengths I use; 2" and 4" or make a 2" one with a method of screwing a lengthener/tip to it.

Trotec has a nice nozzle.

Steve Spaulding
09-24-2006, 11:47 AM
There is an adapter cone that is availabe for the large format Neptune, that sits over the lens assembly and directs air flow straight downward.

I will check on availability or adpatibility for the Explorer and post the information.

Steve Spaulding
LaserPro in Midwest

Steve Spaulding
09-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Please find the following focusing cones for Air assist;

Fine Air Nozzle for Explorer BK014J3a

Fine Air Nozzel for Spirit LH01883x1

Ultra Air Nozzel for Spirit LH01882X1

Fine Air Nozzel for Mercury BK013G2A

Hope this helps, please let me know if we can address any further issues.

Stee Spaulding
www.isssales.com (http://www.isssales.com)

Steve Spaulding
09-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Please find the following focusing cones for Air assist;

Fine Air Nozzle for Explorer BK014J3a

Fine Air Nozzel for Spirit LH01883x1

Ultra Air Nozzel for Spirit LH01882X1

Fine Air Nozzel for Mercury BK013G2A

Hope this helps, please let me know if we can address any further issues.

Stee Spaulding
www.isssales.com (http://www.isssales.com/)