PDA

View Full Version : Rigid 1/2" Hammer Drill

Maurice Ungaro
09-19-2006, 9:15 AM
OK, so, I go to the traveling tool show (Cummins) - you know, the one that sells all the recond. power tools, and EVERY Chinese copy you can think of. I'm interested in a corded drill, because my 18v Hitachi is not lasting through more than one batch of tile mortar. Anyway, I find this one, which Home Depot currently sells: http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1516601200.1158669237@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccedaddiljiifggcgelceffdfgidglm.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+3966&pos=n24
I paid $99 for it, which while not having a Depot near me, but having just been to Lowe's, I know that even a cheap new hammer drill is at least $150.

It's got a couple of scratches and scuffs, but what the heck, it's going striaght to the jobsite to mix mortar! I've plugged it in, and it runs smooth as anything. Looking at the boiler plate, I wonderously see that it's made in Germany! Even has some German writing on the chuck. Now I'm really pleased. Why? I dunno, I just like alll metal gear driven German things.

Question: Anyone know who made this drill for HD?

John Callahan
09-19-2006, 9:27 AM
Metabo would be my guess. Metabo also made a ROS for Rigid which has been replaced by a Far East import.