PDA

View Full Version : Dining room is finally done!

Jeff Horton
09-18-2006, 9:12 PM
Suffered from burnout but finally I am back on the house finishing up the last of the projects. The Dining room was tops on the list and except for replacing the face plates on the switches and some touching up of the paint it is done!

My cabinet maker built the cabinet itself and did the columns and everything else.

Now to finish the trim in the Master Bath!

Jim Becker
09-18-2006, 10:40 PM
That's a great looking job, Jeff!

Wes Bischel
09-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Outstanding Jeff! I love the style. I'm sure you'll smile everytime you see it. Thanks for posting the pics.

Wes

glenn bradley
09-19-2006, 12:56 AM
That looks so warm and homey. Great work Jeff.

Hans Braul
09-19-2006, 7:26 AM
Wow - that's a pile of work! Looks good. What's the wood? How did you finish it? Is the wood stained? Hard to tell from the pics.

Congrats on a job well done.

Hans

Randy Davidson
09-20-2006, 8:01 AM
Beautiful work Jeff. That is exactly the look we are doing in our new dining room. Unfortunatly I just poured footings yesterday for our new home and have a long way to go yet. I will have a framing hammer in my hand for a while. Thanks for the inspiration.

Randy

lou sansone
09-20-2006, 8:03 AM
great looking rooms. is the house itself a period home?

lou

Corey Hallagan
09-20-2006, 9:07 AM
That is some beautiful wood work. Nice!

Corey

Jeff Horton
09-20-2006, 9:27 AM
Wow - that's a pile of work! Looks good. What's the wood? How did you finish it? Is the wood stained? Hard to tell from the pics.

It all soft maple, dyed to the color you see. There is birch plywood on the walls under the rails and stiles. the rails and stiles have biscuits in there where they join the baseboards and the plate rails.

The coffered beams were laid out when the house was still bare studs. I drew it out on the floor and framed up a skeleton on the ceiling our of framing lumber. Then I 'skinned' it with the maple. The worst part was taping up the room when I was ready to spray the ceiling. It took one whole day to tape it all up! No joke. Then took less than 30 minutes to remove all the paper and plastic sheeting once I was done. :rolleyes:

great looking rooms. is the house itself a period home?

lou

Yes, very much so. Tried to be very traditional with it.

http://www.thekudzupatch.com/photos/by/Kudzu/tn_Front.jpg

Not the best photo but you can see what it looks like.