PDA

View Full Version : Festool companion-How I spent Saturday

Lloyd Robins
10-12-2003, 2:52 AM
I decided that I needed to make a sandpaper holder for the 6" discs for my Festool 150/5. It is rabbited and dadoed, and it was a nice exercise in setting up and getting everything to fit. It also used up some of the left over pieces of wood and plywood that were on the shelf. I recognize that it is not up to the quality of work that many of you produce, but I am kind of proud of it, except that I had one major problem. I have a Bench Dog router table on my Jet contractor saw. The fence on the router table would not go back far enough to make all the dado cuts, so I used my Jet fence. It slipped on the first dado. :eek: I thought that I had just not tightened it down, but during the recut, it did it again. :( I had to use a clamp to keep it from moving. The fence works fine for sawing, but I will have to watch it for routing. Anyway after stomping around for awhile :mad: , I got going again and finished up the project. When the LOML saw it, she said that it was nice and pretty. :) She then told my son that I had made a really nice cabinet for the shop, again. I guess that the next thing that I make had better be for inside the house, just to keep peace. The first two pictures show the cabinet and the last picture shows it partially loaded. (I hope they show up.) Anyway let me know what you think. Thanks.

David Blangger
10-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Lloyd,

That is a great looking shop cabinet. I agree that you and I both need to do a house project or two. ;)