PDA

View Full Version : here's what i got the other day...."gloat"

laurie sullivan
09-18-2006, 12:42 AM
hello all,

last year i spent time in kansas, big city girl in the midwest, who would have thought of such a thing:D. the best time i ever have, truth. well, the farmer we stayed with knew a coach from the KC Royals and he gave me these. the problem at hand, was getting them back to LA. the farmer shipped them to last week (a year later). they were green then and are dry now. to my amazement no large cracks. yahoo. i love black walnut. and to turns great. now the christmas presents will flow.

laurie

Richard Madison
09-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Laurie,
Good score on the walnut! Please post some pictures of your finished pieces.

There is a whole other world out here in the middle of the country.

laurie sullivan
09-18-2006, 1:10 AM
yea i know. what i would give to get the hack out of this town. my neighbor still owns 300 acres (she is 84) and we're going back in October. i'm looking foward to the trip. the soy beans will be ready for harvest. i'll tell you all about it then.

laurie

Vaughn McMillan
09-18-2006, 2:30 AM
Wow, nice score, Laurie, and delivered to boot. Hard to beat that.

yea i know. what i would give to get the hack out of this town... I sure can relate to that. Even though I'm on the very edge of civilization here (in Tujunga on the edge of the Angeles National Forest), I'd sure like to be living without 8 million of my closest friends in my back yard and on the roads. :rolleyes:

Bernie Weishapl
09-18-2006, 5:53 PM
Nice score Laurie. Nothing better turning than Walnut. Want to see some pictures.

Randy Moore
09-18-2006, 8:05 PM
Great score on the wood and the dilevery!!:) :D

Where in Kansas was you? There is a restriction on takeing WALNUT out of Kansas and into California< I think.:eek: :) Just kidding you.:D

Good looking bowl in the pic too. Qhat's the finnish?