PDA

View Full Version : Christmas approaches...are you ready?

Dennis Peacock
09-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Just wanted to toss this out there.....if you are planning on making anything for a Christmas gift this year? You need to start planning now and get started to beat the Christmas "rush". DAMHIKT!!!!!!:D

Cecil Arnold
09-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks to Andy, I think I'm going to be making some platters. Fortunately that will be with dried wood so it should go pretty fast.

Steve Clardy
09-17-2006, 12:35 AM
Ah. No.
I do this day in and day out.

I buy my gifts:)

Gary Herrmann
09-17-2006, 2:14 AM
Stop that. Stop that right now. My wife's birthday is in a few weeks and I'm not even ready for that.

Dennis Peacock
09-17-2006, 7:02 AM
Stop that. Stop that right now. My wife's birthday is in a few weeks and I'm not even ready for that.

Now Gary.....you KNOW you need to get busy and get the wife's gift made / bought AND get yourself geared up for Christmas. You DO want to have a better time this year don't ya? :rolleyes: :p :D

I know....but it just struck me that we are approaching the time of year where a lot of little woodworkers are franticly busy with sawing, turning, sanding, and finishing projects to give as gifts and then suddenly it hits home that they don't have a "box" to put their "gift" in and have to figure out what to do in short order.

Besides that, people come out of the "wood work" after Thanksgiving looking for anything to buy and give Aunt Myrtle, Uncle Woody, or even the grandkids (if you have any) for Little Bubba or Little Bobby-Jo. ;)

Break out your Christmas list....what? You don't have one yet? Well, I suggest you get off your "can" and get on the "stick". :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Christmas?! That's like over 90 days away yet...I've got several things to START on for the Mesquite Art Festival in mid-OCTOBER! :eek:

But thanks for the reminder... :o

KC

Jim Becker
09-17-2006, 1:04 PM
Christmas? I'm still trying to finish up last spring's projects...LOL!

Andy Hoyt
09-17-2006, 1:24 PM
Sorry Dennis - but there's a very important international holiday just ten days prior to Christmas that warrants everyone's attention right now. :eek:

On the other hand - isn't this what December 24th is all about?:D

Lee DeRaud
09-17-2006, 1:25 PM
My "Rules of the Seasons":

1. I don't watch basketball until after the SuperBowl.
(1A. I don't watch hockey...period. :p)

2. I don't watch baseball until after the NBA finals.

3. I don't watch football* until after the World Series.
(*Exemption for Redskin games, which are considered "religious holidays".)

I think you can probably guess my approach to worrying about Christmas before Thanksgiving...and it's still six weeks until Halloween.:cool:

tod evans
09-17-2006, 1:53 PM
surely it isn`t december 24th allready?

Steve Clardy
09-17-2006, 2:04 PM
surely it isn`t december 24th allready?

>checking my calender<
It shows a few months off, but it will probably be here in a week the way time flies anymore:rolleyes: ;) :D

Earl Reid
09-17-2006, 2:35 PM
I,m in the middle of my annual Halloween toy car project. We give the little kids a toy car , about 100 plus. We have done this the past 16 yrs. It funny how the word gets around. Then I have some wedding clocks to make and then some Christmas projects, note sure what they will be. and I have to make some pens.
Earl:)

Dennis Peacock
09-18-2006, 9:20 AM
>checking my calender<
It shows a few months off, but it will probably be here in a week the way time flies anymore:rolleyes: ;) :D

Now ain't THAT the honest truth..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!