PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
09-16-2006, 5:49 AM
Saturday September 16th, 2006

Howdy! And how is everyone this bright Saturday morn? Me, I'm doing better after a mid week altercation that has made it difficult to type, being as I touch type. I did a stupid thing while WW'ing and have learned a valuable lesson. Use all safety devices afforded you by the machine and don't try to keep going when you don't feel good.

Just some R&R for me today, but tomorrow I'm going to my first Packer game. A friend gave LOML and I tickets to see the Saints play the Pack at Lambeau. Hope they do better than last week.

So what's on your agenda for the weekend?

Whatever it may be enjoy and MAKE IT A SAFE ONE.

Karl

Steve Ash
09-16-2006, 6:18 AM
Hey Karl, I sure do envy you as far as going to Lambeau. I used to get there twice a year with great seats. I hope you are healing up fine after your altercation.....remember flesh and bone is no match for machinery unguarded.

As for us, well it is time to close the pool for the winter...a job I always dread because it means the end of summer for us. Plan on hooking up the disk to my John Deere and chopping up some weeds over to Juniors house and maybe get some form of a yard in....

Hope you heal quickly and......GO PACK!

Tyler Howell
09-16-2006, 8:00 AM
Making wood chips this morning.
Then a little family get together at my mom's house for:
A) My daughters Bday
B) last walk through of the old home stead.

Contractor shows up Monday to reinvent the place for its new owner.....My sister:eek: .
It's good to keep it in the family but doing business with reletives is the pits.
Have a safe one.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-16-2006, 8:09 AM
Got to buy a few electrical items this morning. Move a light fixture on the patio and then put the new roof on the patio.

Tomorrow maybe some turning. Christmas presents looming.............

Jim Dunn
09-16-2006, 8:18 AM
Boat, yard work and general getting ready for colder weather. Not here yet, but got a lot to do every weekend till November.

Bob Childress
09-16-2006, 8:50 AM
Putting in a new light fixture in the kitchen (yes, I'm going to turn the breaker off :p ) and then some work on repairing the damaged kitchen floor. Maybe some shop time making more base cabinet drawers. Pretty laid back weekend, all in all.:) Go Packers!!

Al Willits
09-16-2006, 8:51 AM
Cleaning the garage this morning, golf this afternoon, if it don't rain, then maybe going out to eat this evening, we're starting a weeks vacation so it'll probably rain all week....should get lots done in the garage though.. :)
Also starting the kitchen remodeling and this outta be interesting...

Have a safe and well weekend all.

Al

Mark Pruitt
09-16-2006, 9:42 AM
Hope you heal up quickly Karl!

LOML's gone to visit with my MIL and for a class reunion; she even took the dog with her. Man this place is QUIET!:eek:

I'm about to head downstairs, take a rough turned bowl out of the wrapping and have some fun. Gotta get some noise going around this place...:D

Mark

Matt Meiser
09-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Need to spend some time on the tractor with the brush hog and then hopefully get started on a new project.

Dennis Peacock
09-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Howdy Karl,

Helping Mark with the making of a baby cradle.
Getting my chainsaws all fixed up for collecting more firewood.
Delivered the 1st set of 3 cabinets to the 2nd Chance Youth Ranch.
Continue to visit with the In-Laws.

Have a great weekend everyone..!!!!!

Jim Becker
09-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Recovering from a week in the UK and Belgium (5 and 6 hours time difference, respectively) is on my plate as well as mowing the lawn, some landscaping work and shop time. 'Probably will take the girlie-girls swimming tomorrow, too, and Alesya had her first dance class of the season this morning. It's also going to be a "long weekend" as I'm taking Monday off to partially make up for losing almost all of last weekend due to flying on Saturday afternoon... ;) ...despite the fact that Sunday included a most-excellent 'Creeker visit in the UK... :D (More on that soon...)

Fred Voorhees
09-16-2006, 7:19 PM
The weekend will mostly revolve around getting prepared for the upcoming camping vacation in Syracuse,NY. Today (Sat) was spent waxing the camper, getting the propane tanks refilled, doing some cleaning inside the camper, checking all of the appliances that use gas to make sure they are still operating, clean the windows, began to accumulate various items that will need to be packed when the time comes and also did some repairs on a few devices that had rusted bolts and the like making things harder to operate. Sunday morning will find me mounting the hitch electronics to the truck. I have them rigged so that they just mount on the frame of the reciever by worm gear clamps and the electrical connections are through a modular plug and a wire nut or two. Will be checking camper tire pressures and adjusting and taking a quick check of the exterior lights on the camper. Then will settle down for a few hours with the guys to watch the days NASCAR Nextel event - the first in the chase for the cup.