PDA

View Full Version : Is multitasking really dangerous?

Dennis Peacock
09-15-2006, 3:44 PM
I read THIS Story (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Renewal/story?id=2428367&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312) today and now I have a better understanding why I make so many mistakes at work. :rolleyes: :D

Bob Childress
09-15-2006, 3:58 PM
I used to be one of those multi-tasking devils. And it's true, sometimes you would forget what you were doing on the phone or in the office. I finally got wise and quit it cold turkey.:p

Actually, it was the cell phone that made me quit. I resisted cell phones as long as I could but finally was "forced" to get one. Found out that driving and phoning are a bad mix. A couple of near misses and I re-evaluated my lifestyle:

No cell phones while driving, period.:o
Multi-tasking in the shop will get your fingers cut off.:eek:
Focus on the here and now--your clients, customers, friends, family will appreciate it.:)

Dennis Peacock
09-15-2006, 5:58 PM
Bob,

I agree with ya....ESPECIALLY the driving and cell phones. I've been rear-ended by a person talking on a cell phone....so I won't go there. I carry a cell phone, but when I'm driving? I won't answer it.....end of story. :)

Steve Clardy
09-15-2006, 6:44 PM
Bob,

I agree with ya....ESPECIALLY the driving and cell phones. I've been rear-ended by a person talking on a cell phone....so I won't go there. I carry a cell phone, but when I'm driving? I won't answer it.....end of story.

Well.:( You'd hafta answer if I called wouldn't ya bud:confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D

Cha ching:eek: post# 5000:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Andy Hoyt
09-15-2006, 8:53 PM
I'm reminded of some sage words by Charles Emerson Winchester III:

"I do one thing very well, then move on."

Hey Steve. Congrats on completing the 5K. Are ya up to going for a proper marathon yet?

Steve Clardy
09-15-2006, 9:02 PM
I'm reminded of some sage words by Charles Emerson Winchester III:

"I do one thing very well, then move on."

Hey Steve. Congrats on completing the 5K. Are ya up to going for a proper marathon yet?

What flavor Andy? Some super secret thing or?

Dennis Peacock
09-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Well.:( You'd hafta answer if I called wouldn't ya bud:confused: :confused: :D :D

Cha ching:eek: post# 5000:eek: ;)

Yes-sir....I'd answer it....after I got home and called you back.;)

Congrats on breaking the 5K barrier.

Steve Clardy
09-16-2006, 1:13 AM
Lol. How's the wood stash in the wood shed project going?

Doug Jones
09-16-2006, 1:21 AM
Is multitasking really dangerous?

I'm not sure its dangerous.
If you want a true honest answer to your question,
ask a woman that is married and has children..

Dennis Peacock
09-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Lol. How's the wood stash in the wood shed project going?

Going pretty good Steve. I delivered the 1st set of 3 cabinets to the youth ranch yesterday. Maaaaaaannnnnnnn.....talk about "remote". Basic directions to the youth ranch is: drive to the end of the earth, turn right, drive to the other end of the earth, turn left and drive until you pull up to what appears to be an old Western town and wah-lah.....you're there. Oh....did I mention that a lot of the path way there is only one car wide, old wooden bridge and just dirt for pavement. It was an "experience". :eek: :rolleyes:

Steve Clardy
09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Going pretty good Steve. I delivered the 1st set of 3 cabinets to the youth ranch yesterday. Maaaaaaannnnnnnn.....talk about "remote". Basic directions to the youth ranch is: drive to the end of the earth, turn right, drive to the other end of the earth, turn left and drive until you pull up to what appears to be an old Western town and wah-lah.....you're there. Oh....did I mention that a lot of the path way there is only one car wide, old wooden bridge and just dirt for pavement. It was an "experience". :eek: :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had one of them lewis&clark expeditions there Dennis:eek:

I've been on a few of those, wondering if I'm ever gonna get back home.:)

Glenn Clabo
09-16-2006, 11:56 AM
The problem in my world is money. Our actual funding levels have decreased while costs go up and as you can imagine the pace is ongoing and fast. There's fewer of us, with less experience...with more work...which means more hours...which now doesn't give us enough time to get less done than just 5 years ago...Multi-Tasking is a must...I HATE my CrackBerry but too scared to give it the float test!

Jim Becker
09-16-2006, 12:21 PM
I have hands-free systems in both cars for the wireless phones. It doesn't reduce the distraction of conversation, but it does let you keep both hands on the wheel. I actually find eating more, umm...disrupting... ;)

Dennis Peacock
09-16-2006, 7:52 PM
I HATE my CrackBerry but too scared to give it the float test!

Hey Glenn......

I'm VERY glad I don't have to have one of those things. Besides, you can just send my YOUR CrackBerry and I'll float test it fer ya. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Steve Clardy
09-16-2006, 8:44 PM
The problem in my world is money. Our actual funding levels have decreased while costs go up and as you can imagine the pace is ongoing and fast. There's fewer of us, with less experience...with more work...which means more hours...which now doesn't give us enough time to get less done than just 5 years ago...Multi-Tasking is a must...I HATE my CrackBerry but too scared to give it the float test!

I HATE my CrackBerry

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: