PDA

View Full Version : univeresal 25 watt

ben rose
09-14-2006, 9:57 PM
hi guys i am looking to buy a universal vl 200 or 300 25 watt machine and could you guys that own one or had any experence with one please give me some feedback like if its a good machine or does the company has bad customer service or anything please thanks alot thanks:D

Ed Lang
09-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I have a ULS M-300 so I cannot help with your exact machine.... but I can say that customer service is great!

I am glad I have a USL and I would/will buy another one.

My M-300 50W machine has been running every day this week from 5:30 AM till 10:00 PM making product for the show I will be going to tomorrow. Tough machine.

Lee DeRaud
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
I've had a VL200 for about 18 months now: excellent customer support at installation, no problems since then. It's done pretty much everything I've asked of it, but I suspect I'm not exactly a "typical" user..."hobbyist" use (wood cutting mostly), not an engraving business.

ben rose
09-14-2006, 11:11 PM
okay thanks alot guys i really appreciate the feedback so thanks alot

ben rose
09-14-2006, 11:21 PM
oh also the main things i would be using the machine for is like lasering images in wood and etching on keychins, and licen plates so do you guys think that this machine is the right one thanks

Mike Hood
09-15-2006, 12:32 AM
I posted earlier about the unexpected passing of Bob Webb a few weeks ago.

His daughter contacted me this afternoon, and she'll be looking to sell off his Universal 25W soon. I told her I would come by and take a quick look at it and maybe snap a few pictures. Not sure what she'll be asking price-wise, but her Mom is going to need the money and I'd like to help her geta fair price.

I'll post more here in the next few days. If you're interested, please shoot me an email and I'd be happy to pass it to Robyn.

ben rose
09-15-2006, 12:38 AM
hi, thanks man but i am still not sure about buying a machine but thanks alot thanks

Lee DeRaud
09-15-2006, 12:48 AM
oh also the main things i would be using the machine for is like lasering images in wood and etching on keychins, and licen plates so do you guys think that this machine is the right one thanksNone of those are things that need a lot of power or a large bed. Either of the VL machines should handle those jobs, no problem.

ben rose
09-15-2006, 1:09 AM
alright thanks

Rob Bosworth
09-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Ben, something you might consider when purchasing any machine. If it does not work out, or you find you need a machine that will do more, be bigger, ..., is there a market to sell your used machine. To date, we have not seen a market or demand for used Versalaser products. They are very economical to buy new, and they appear to be good at what they can do, but the resale market in the U.S., at least through ACCESS, has been non existent.

ben rose
09-15-2006, 12:05 PM
okay thanks

ben rose
09-15-2006, 12:27 PM
oh also do you guys think that this is a good amchine for someone that is just starting a buisness and thanks for all the comments

ben rose
09-15-2006, 12:40 PM
hi guys do you also think that a 25 or 30 watt could do these thanks http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/gotbrons/185093634ct0.jpghttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/gotbrons/a23.jpghttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/gotbrons/IMG_1146.jpghttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/gotbrons/dj-am-air-force-ones-1.jpg

ben rose
09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
sorry guys i havent figurd out how to edited post yet:o but do you think a 25 or 30 watt machine could do that stuff above thanks:o

ben rose
09-15-2006, 1:01 PM
and sorry i havent figured out how to edit the post yet sorry:obut this to could the 25 or 30 watt machine do this toohttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/gotbrons/efcd13ac.jpg

Lee DeRaud
09-15-2006, 1:14 PM
The wood and the leather, absolutely. (It looks like the leather was done before the shoe was assembled: I'm not sure I'd want to try that on a store-bought shoe, due to the curvature.) Dunno about the metallic keychain thingie without knowing the actual material involved or how deep that engraving really is.

Now, as far as this being the right machine for someone starting an engraving business...I've said it before and I'll say it again: the success of such a business will depend a lot more on the strength of your business plan and your skill in marketing than which machine you buy. As far as resale/trade-in value is concerned, if you get to the point where your business really needs bigger/faster (and your cash-flow justifies the expense), your new machine would probably be "in addition to" not "instead of".

ben rose
09-15-2006, 1:29 PM
sorry guys i havent figured out how to edit post yet:o but do you think that the 25 0r 30 watt could do this thankshttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/gotbrons/efcd13ac.jpg

Mike Hood
09-15-2006, 4:43 PM
What? Burn a tennis shoe up? :D

Dave Jones
09-15-2006, 5:38 PM
First, I believe those Nike Premium tags are metal bars with the logo and name stamped into them using a multi-ton press. You won't get that look from one of these lasers.

Second, I don't want to accuse somebody of planning something they aren't really planning, but from the pics you posted and the things you are wanting to do, it is coming across as if you want to create counterfeit copies of very expensive sports shoes, and their packaging. Possibly by taking a regular pair of Nikes and "converting" them into a $500 or $1,000 pair that you can sell.

I could be wrong, and hope that I am, but just be aware of how illegal counterfeiting licensed products is and that it could land you in jail for a number of years.

Joe Pelonio
09-15-2006, 7:27 PM
I could be wrong, and hope that I am, but just be aware of how illegal counterfeiting licensed products is and that it could land you in jail for a number of years.
Also, merely selling key chains or other items with an unlicensed copyrighted logo is illegal. Sports teams and team apparel companies are known to be particularly sensitive to this and have large teams of lawyers to collect from violators. Be careful about the images that you use.

Carlos Chiossone
09-15-2006, 7:52 PM
Hi, I just had an amazing demo on ULS mostly about the M-300 but there was an VL300 next to it. Make sure you can fit the piece you want into the machine. I saw a box here, if it comes apart, excellent.

Also the VL300 is not a production unit, more like a desktop unit that you can abuse but it is a bit limited.

As a machine, it looks great.

c