PDA

View Full Version : Red Light District?

Travis Johnson
09-14-2006, 8:16 PM
Yeah I drive through some of these districts on the way to work...I think a lot of us do...tall beauties standing everywhere their slim trunks and red heads...

Yep, there is nothing like a good swamp to show off the Swamp Maples in their fall foliage best. I mean, what did you think I was talking about? :-)

It seems here in Maine the leaves are changing color a bit earlier, but man are the Swamp Maples putting on a show. Bright, vibrant red this year. I am not sure why certain colors are displayed more brightly certain years, but this year it appears red takes the nod.

So are the leaves starting to change color where you live yet?

Ken Whitaker
09-14-2006, 9:05 PM
This is the first week our temps have not been in the high 80's to low 90's with overnight lows in the 70's, so the leaves have not even started to change. May get in the 50's before the week is out, so maybe it won't be long. Nice picture

Ken

Robert Mickley
09-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't even want to think about it. I have no where near enough fire wood cut and my truck is still a LONG way from put together. :(

But it is purty

Allen Bookout
09-14-2006, 10:34 PM
If the leaves start changing color here in Tropical Southwest Florida we are in trouble.

Chris McDowell
09-15-2006, 3:08 AM
Not yet,but I live in the middle of the Shawnne National Forest and things won't turn around here for a few more weeks. When they do it is beautiful.

Joe Pelonio
09-15-2006, 8:15 AM
Here the first to turn color are the vine maples. Ours are just starting to turn as it's suddenly gone from the 80s to the 60s, but in the mountains thay are pretty well under way. Yesterday there was measurable snow at 5500' in the Cascades.

Julio Navarro
09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Unfortunately, palm trees dont change color:mad: