PDA

View Full Version : Pens, pens, pens ...

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
10-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Since Ken, Scott and some of the other notorious Creekers got me into turning pens a couple of months back, I've had a lot of fun turning them and good luck selling them. I made up a variety of materials as a sample to take to a small Heritage Day celebration at Beaverdam, VA this weekend. I also made my first pen out of some pink ivory I acquired today. This stuff is great! It cuts wonderfully and polishes up super smooth. I used a brushed pearl kit on it. The sample holder has a few I've done this past week. The ones on the left are Corian, various woods in the middle, and wood/Corian European ones the right. It sure is a lot of fun to do these on the Jet Mini. Thanks for looking, have fun and be safe.

Bill MacLachlan
10-11-2003, 6:56 AM
Ron; Somebody has been busy. The pen turning bug can really hit you hard can't it??? I really like the ivory one. It looks very classy.
Great job,
Bill

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-11-2003, 8:39 AM
Ron, the Pens really look good! I especially like the variety of colors.......they really catch your eye in the display box. They should sell like hot cakes! Good luck at the Heritage Celebration............I'll bet the box comes home empty. Nice work, thanks for sharing the pictures! :)

Scott Greaves
10-11-2003, 9:35 PM
Hey Ron,

Man! Those are some great looking pens! I really like that Pink Ivory pen. I just acquired some pink ivory, and will probably give it a try tomorrow. If it turns out anywhere that nice, I'll be lucky! Good Luck at the festival!

Scott.

Glenn Hodges
10-12-2003, 9:46 AM
Great looking pens! The reason I never turned pens is that I was afraid I would never have any time to turn bowls. The way you guys love to turn them and how beautiful they are, I might like it to much.