PDA

View Full Version : Source for cabinet doors

Rob Diz
09-12-2006, 11:06 PM
I know it may not be the most popular thing, but timing is everything. If I want to finish my kitchen cabient project in the next year, I will need to sub out the cabinet doors and drawer faces. Keeping my wife happy is more important to me than doing it all myself.

I have touched base with Cal Doors and Scherr's to see their door offerings. I have samples on the way from both companies. I was wondering if I was missing any leading supplier. I'm looking for a solid wood raised panel mitered door, with a little detail to catch some glaze.

The pricing structures at these two suppliers seem to be wildly different. Cal Doors wanted $80 for a sample after quoting me 22.50/sf - ship/handle charges, and then the "oh you wanted THAT model"; Scherr's on the other hand is sending out basically the same thing for about $31 to my door. I'll wait to see what the difference is in the doors, and the end cost from both for the full set of drawers and door delivered.

Are there any other high quality suppliers I should be talking with?

thanks!

Richard Blaine
09-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Rockler also does custom doors through their website.

John sexton
09-13-2006, 9:54 AM
I am helping a friend organize sales for his door company.
He sell mostly to cabinet shops and build about 800 to a 1200 doors a week.
Our standard prices for a red oak solid wood raised panel door up to 19” wide and 31” high starts at $22.00 square top, arched $24.00 with an up charge depending on the type of wood.
These prices are close to standard in the door industry selling to cabinet shops.
Most door companies charge a few dollars more per door selling to individuals.
If I can help any further send me a PM.
John

Steve Clardy
09-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Jim Hagar, a member here, makes and sells a lot of custom doors.

Lars Thomas
09-13-2006, 12:42 PM
I've been happy with drawer boxes from Sherr. I know they also sell doors. http://www.scherrs.com/