PDA

View Full Version : Those odd pieces of wood

Steve Clardy
10-10-2003, 3:03 PM
Heres part of a walnut board I milled probably ten years ago when I was milling lumber with my LT-30 Woodmizer mill. [now gone]
I have several of these laying around and am trying to figure out what to do with them besides hang them on the wall. This is a piece if 5/4 walnut with a walnut nut embedded into it. Near as I can figure, there was probably a crack somewhere in the tree, or it was laying in between two branches and it got growed over.

Anybody else have some strange wood lying around? Steve

Dennis Peacock
10-10-2003, 3:10 PM
Heres part of a walnut board I milled probably ten years ago when I was milling lumber with my LT-30 Woodmizer mill. [now gone]
I have several of these laying around and am trying to figure out what to do with them besides hang them on the wall.
Steve

Steve,

Just tell me where the wood is and I will come and get it. I am always looking for Walnut......

Steve Clardy
10-10-2003, 3:17 PM
Steve,

Just tell me where the wood is and I will come and get it. I am always looking for Walnut......

It's here in the shop. WIll try to remember to bring you one at the next Central States Barbecue if you want one. Steve

Dennis Peacock
10-10-2003, 4:03 PM
It's here in the shop. WIll try to remember to bring you one at the next Central States Barbecue if you want one. Steve

Maybe I'll just make it a weekend "thing" and come and visit your shop and pick it up in person.!!! :)

Dennis Peacock
10-10-2003, 4:04 PM
Hey Steve,

Why did you dump the LT30? Great bandmill......

Steve Clardy
10-10-2003, 5:22 PM
Hey Steve,

Why did you dump the LT30? Great bandmill......
Bobby Hatfield is talking about coming also. Come anytime, just give me a weeks notice so maybe I'll be here.
After the mill sat for two years unused and my brother in law pestering me about it, I just sold it to him. I custom sawed with it for ten years, mostly part time. My plan was to add on to the shop side, put in under roof, with a solar dryer on the end of the addition. But---I decided I can't do it all, and needed some cash when Marvin offered to buy it, so out it went. Sure do miss it though.

Bobby Hatfield
10-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Bobby Hatfield is talking about coming also. Come anytime, just give me a weeks notice so maybe I'll be here.
After the mill sat for two years unused and my brother in law pestering me about it, I just sold it to him. I custom sawed with it for ten years, mostly part time. My plan was to add on to the shop side, put in under roof, with a solar dryer on the end of the addition. But---I decided I can't do it all, and needed some cash when Marvin offered to buy it, so out it went. Sure do miss it though.

I gotta find out where Edwards, MO is first and then catch up on jobs and maybe then I can get away for a while.
Repairing old dining tables is a no win job.
Sanding off finish and stain on old plywood cabinet doors is a no win job.
Making door frames for glass cabinet doors by two's is a no win job.
Making doughboards for a small bakery is a no win job.
Hoping that making an 8' open wall file case (Doctors office) is a win job.

Steve Clardy
10-11-2003, 10:15 AM
I gotta find out where Edwards, MO is first and then catch up on jobs and maybe then I can get away for a while.
Repairing old dining tables is a no win job.
Sanding off finish and stain on old plywood cabinet doors is a no win job.
Making door frames for glass cabinet doors by two's is a no win job.
Making doughboards for a small bakery is a no win job.
Hoping that making an 8' open wall file case (Doctors office) is a win job.

I understand the no win jobs. Have one going now, wish I hadn't taken it on, but am buried way to deep into it to dive out now. Ha.
You guys get ready to come, I'll send directions and phone#. If you can find north 65 highway you can get here ok. I'm about 1 1/2 hour from Springfield, Mo. Steve