PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Table Saw

Jody Malinich
09-12-2006, 9:52 PM
We have a shop full of Grizzly tools (planer, drill press, jointer, dust collector x2, shaper and bandsaw) and never had a problem with any of them, I feel they are slightly under powered but adequate for what we do. Well it's time for us to get a big guy saw, the little contractor saw we have ain't cutting the mustard or was that 3" oak. Anyway we are about to order the G0605X and would like any rants or raves about it or Grizzly tools in general.

Jody

Shiraz Balolia
09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
We have a shop full of Grizzly tools (planer, drill press, jointer, dust collector x2, shaper and bandsaw) and never had a problem with any of them, I feel they are slightly under powered but adequate for what we do. Well it's time for us to get a big guy saw, the little contractor saw we have ain't cutting the mustard or was that 3" oak. Anyway we are about to order the G0605X and would like any rants or raves about it or Grizzly tools in general.

Jody

Jody - the G0605X is not out yet. "Out" meaning nobody has it yet as we just showed it at the IWF show in Atlanta last month for the first time. I believe that the first shipment is due to arrive sometime in November. This saw is 5 H.P. single phase and is also available with a three phase 7 1/2 H.P. motor. You will not find either saw to be under powered and is our top of the line cabinet style saw with a riving knife.

Jody Malinich
09-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Shiraz,

Thanks for the heads up. I've had the not in stock keep me from getting a drum sander earlier this year. Needed it in the worst way so I got a shop fox instead. Works well but the color doesn't match the rest of the shops tools. :rolleyes: I really like the the looks of this saw but don't know if I can wait til November early December to have one:D . Guess I better get one on order now so's I'll be one of the first to get one.

Jody

Kelly C. Hanna
09-13-2006, 1:05 AM
I wasn't fond of my 1023S or the jointer...won't be ordering from them again.

Frank Fusco
09-13-2006, 10:34 AM
It is good to have Griz' top guy visiting here. He gets unvarnished truth from member concerning experiences with his products. He couldn't buy professional market research like this. I do wonder how many other top level wood working supply company executives pay as much attention.

Chris McDowell
09-14-2006, 1:09 AM
That's kind of what I think Frank. I have never encountered the president of any other company online, much less in a public forum where he might not hear what he wants. I was impressed that he took part in one of my threads. Whether you like his company or not, you have to give him a lot of credit for listening to the little man.
Chris

Luis Oliveira
09-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Jody!

You mentioned "I feel they are slightly under powered but adequate for what we do."

I wounder, is your reference to under power, that the machine say with a 1 1/2hp motor, and you wish it had a 3hp mottor; or is it that you have an 3hp motor ,however when compared with another comapnies 3hp motor, your underperform.

Sorry this has noting to do with Grizzly.

Regards,

Luis

Jody Malinich
09-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Luis,

It seems to me that some of my machines that have say an 1 1/2hp motor should maybe have a 2 or 2 1/2. Or my 2 hp machines should have 3 hp motor. I guess it boils down to that the machines themselves are well built and could probably handle a bigger motor. Between me and my business partner we have bogged down every machine we have at one point or another. It may be that "we" are the reason I feel the machines are underpowered. Sometimes we do get a little aggressive and try to get whatever done quick and in a hurry instead of letting the tool perform at the capacity it was designed for. I'd love to have a shop full of 3 phase equipment but the budget for that is waaay more than we could handle.

Jody

Jody Malinich
09-14-2006, 1:14 PM
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the G0605X, opted for the bill me later with no payments for 90 days. I'll make sure to do a thorough test and evaluation for you all. I think I have some 5/4 honey locust that is as hard as hard gets. I've got some 12/4 walnut that I'll send through it too.

Jim Becker
09-14-2006, 1:27 PM
Jody, congratulations on your saw order. I hope you'll do a full review and pictorial here at SMC of the machine once it's in your shop...there is a great need for that kind of thing when new machines reach the market.

BTW...welcome to the 'Creek!!!!!!!!

Mike Hill
09-14-2006, 1:33 PM
Jody: I have the Grizzly 1023SL which is 3HP, single phase 220V. I have put 2 and 2.5 hardwood through it and it does not bog down. Basically I am very satisfied with the tools I have purchased from Grizzly. Had one customer service issue which was handled immediately.

Good Luck and I look forward to your review.

Mike

Shiraz Balolia
09-14-2006, 1:39 PM
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the G0605X, opted for the bill me later with no payments for 90 days. I'll make sure to do a thorough test and evaluation for you all. I think I have some 5/4 honey locust that is as hard as hard gets. I've got some 12/4 walnut that I'll send through it too.

Thanks for the purchase - you will LOVE that saw!

Jody Malinich
09-14-2006, 2:04 PM
Thanks Shiraz. I've enjoyed all of the many, many purchases from you all. Now is there any way for you to get that ship here any quicker? :)

glenn bradley
09-14-2006, 4:20 PM
Congrats. A full review here by you would be very benficial and give the Creek a real world view from loading dock to cutting.