PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Ornaments

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-12-2006, 5:46 PM
I was ask today to make a Christmas Ornament with a picture of this lady's father on one side with dates of birth and death, on the other side she wants Christmas decor with a poem. She is not real excited about doing it in wood. I don't know what else will engrave on both sides, does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help will be greatly appreciate.

God Bless,
James & Zelma (Psalms 18:2)
Inscriptions Of The Heart
Huntsville, Texas

Joe Pelonio
09-12-2006, 5:57 PM
Opaque Acrylic, Rowmark material glued together back to back, stiff leather, or thin leather, 2 glued together over 1/16" acrylic all cut the same.

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-13-2006, 9:42 AM
Hey, thanks a million, you sound like you've done this before. I will try some of these and see how they turn out. So far, on wood, it looks pretty good, but now to try something the customer may like or should I say perfer.

Thanks again,
James & Zelma (Psalms 18:2)
Inscriptions Of The Heart
Huntsville, Texas

Dave Jones
09-13-2006, 7:32 PM
I've sandwiched clear acrylic with black acrylic to create a strong contrast. You could do two engravings in clear and then vector cut the same shape out of black acrylic without any engraving on it. Then glue the clear to both sides of the black. I used 1/16" acrylic for each.

Joe Pelonio
09-13-2006, 7:43 PM
Good idea Dave, and they should use the liquid acrylic cement and keep good pressure on it until it sets to avoid air bubbles that will show thru the clear.