PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
10-10-2003, 8:52 AM
It's Friday!!

I've had precious little shop time this week, "real" job interfering, so I am hoping for lots of time in the shop this weekend. Among other things, I need to get cranking on Christmas presents.

Any sawdust in your plans this weekend?

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

Ace Karner
10-10-2003, 9:05 AM
I'll be working on my storage shed, and playing with my new lathe, and I'll take time off to see if the Cowboys can handle the Iggles.

Steve Clardy
10-10-2003, 9:53 AM
Probably work on staircase parts saturday. Sunday I have a friend coming to visit, and maybe help get some more insulation put in the shop ceiling. Winter is coming, and after being in the shop for 8 winters now, I really need to get it sealed up to conserve on wood heat use. May have to do some plumbing in the new bath addition in the house also. Steve

Alan Turner
10-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Shaping up to be a great weekend. Sat. a.m. to a tool auction and sale, and the ww class over Sat. afternoon to mill the project wood, which is cherry, for a stool. Doesn't get much better.
Alan

Scott Coffelt
10-10-2003, 10:16 AM
I hope to begin working on a new entertainment center. Also, depending on the weather I may try and strip the old paint off the garage floor to begin prep work for the Rustoleum Garage Floor epoxy paint.

Steve Jenkins
10-10-2003, 10:17 AM
gotta get started on the clean up for the BBQ. Steve

Mike Sweat
10-10-2003, 11:24 AM
I finally get to move the cabinets I built for my brother out of the shop!
I am installing them Sat. afternoon.

Mike Evertsen
10-10-2003, 12:06 PM
had plans to go to the chicago woodworking show but decided to stay home and get some outside work done might be the last warm weekend,,,,,,and the drawer slides came from ww hardware came today so I can make the drawers for my drill press cabinet,,,,,sunday I'll watch football,,,,,,,,

Jim Becker
10-10-2003, 12:35 PM
There will be little opportunity for "woodworking" this weekend as Saturday means helping my brother clear out a storage shed on a property my parents just sold and Sunday will entail entertaining my electrician with a mysterious problem on...get this...circuit #13, which pretty much covers the MBR and the MB. It must be getting close to Halloween!

Robert Mayer
10-10-2003, 1:46 PM
I heard good things about the epoxy floor. I heard surface prep is very critical. I would like to do it to mine, but I have a lot of stuff i would have to move out of my garage. Im about halfway done with putting in a flagstone walkway. I had it sitting on a bed of sand and it lasted all of 6 months. So now its mortared in now on a slab of concrete. looks awesome now.

Dennis Peacock
10-10-2003, 1:57 PM
Hello there Mr. Lasley....

Not too much planned for this weekend. Kids are coming down with Strep Throat, Colds and such....doctors visits and "work" work. I hope to work some more on the CD Cabinet this weekend as well. I guess I'm going to make a true career out of this cabinet. :)

Doug Littlejohn
10-10-2003, 4:15 PM
Since I'm still building the shop, I don't have to worry about whether to get to do ww or not.

However this weekend, we're headed up to Sacramento way to a B&B for the weekend and some Old Town visiting, etc. Should be fun as we're going with a few other couples.

I must say though, I am jealous of those of you who do actually get to do ww.

Sam Chambers
10-10-2003, 4:46 PM
Not a darn thing in the shop, I'm afraid. I have managed to get a herniated disc, and in hopes of avoiding surgery, I'm staying away from the shop. Just as well - it hurts bad enough at times that it could be a safety hazard.

Good thing I can still watch football! GO BROWNS!!!

Tom Sweeney
10-10-2003, 5:08 PM
LURNIN TURNIN! :D

I'm heading up to Bill G's bright & early Tomorrow for an all day turning lesson :D :D :D

Can't Wait!!!!

Ace Karner
10-10-2003, 8:11 PM
I forgot the mention in my first post that it is also Oklahoma Texas weekend here in big D so I'll have to watch that.

You do remember OU don't you Ken. :D

Jim Baker
10-10-2003, 8:40 PM
I have to work tomorrow morning.

I hope to finish up some drawers tomorrow afternoon and Sunday afternoon.

Jerry Todd
10-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Going to start my shop cabinets. The cabinets will run along a wall that is eleven feet three inches. Hope the base cabinets will be enough. If not will also build the wall cabinets too.
Jerry

Joe Breid
10-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Helping my son-in-law remove a concrete wall from his yard. Sunday I hope to get some ww time on a doll cradle for my granddaughter.

Joe

Kevin Beck
10-10-2003, 10:05 PM
No woodworking for me. The wife and I have decided to replace all the carpet in our house with ceramic tile. We've already done about 500 square feet (250 today) and have the two largest rooms in the house to go.

My back hurts from bending spreading thinset all day and setting tiles. We'll be grouting tomorrow and putting the furniture back in the bedroom Sunday. Thank God for Motrin when my back hurts.

The only bright spot (and a small one it is) is that I had to buy a 1/2" drill to mix the thinset. Bought a Dewalt and it works really well. Might get to use it on non-tile work one day soon.

Kevin

Bob Lasley
10-10-2003, 10:12 PM
I forgot the mention in my first post that it is also Oklahoma Texas weekend here in big D so I'll have to watch that.

You do remember OU don't you Ken. :D

Hey Ace,

Seein's how your an Okie and now you're livin' in Texas, who you gonna root for??

Bob

Doug Jones
10-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Not much shop time this weekend for me either. Friday night take daughter and her friend to a haunted mansion. Sat. morning check out a yard sale that has woodworking tools and rough cut lumber listed for sale, then straight to Indy for the Woodworks show at the fair grounds. Then by late noon go over to Harbor Freight to pick up my new lathe (hopefully). Get home and mow a very neglected yard. Sunday morning Church then maybe a final coat on a small box, put lathe together, and then play the rest of the day. Of course this all depends on the never ending HDL (honey-do-list). Maybe kick back in the evening and watch a ball game.

Bill MacLachlan
10-11-2003, 7:05 AM
I should have a rough weekend. Golfing both mornings and probably do some ww in the afternoon / evening while listening to football games. Want to finish off 2 night tables and a dresser been in my shop all summer.
Bill