PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw

Ashton Waters
09-11-2006, 2:34 PM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering which version of CorelDraw to get. In my search, I found that there are several versions and upgrades. I just want to make sure to get the right version for running the laser. Thanks

Ashton

Kevin Huffman
09-11-2006, 2:43 PM
X3 or 13 is the newest one. But 11 and 12 are pretty good.
You usually get a large discount for buying versions that aren't the newest ones.
So if you are just wanting to try it out go for a little bit older version.
If it is going to be your primary software for the laser I would go a head and get the newest version that way you have tech support with it.

Mitchell Andrus
09-11-2006, 3:37 PM
X3 and the DVD version of "Coreldraw X3 Unleashed" if you're not up on high powered graphics. Great video tutorials, worth every penny.

http://www.unleash.com/

Mitch

Dave Jones
09-11-2006, 3:55 PM
I use X3. It's great. After spending thousands of dollars on the laser I didn't see the point in trying to save $100 buying an old version of the software.

Lee DeRaud
09-11-2006, 4:15 PM
After spending thousands of dollars on the laser I didn't see the point in trying to save $100 buying an old version of the software.Well said, especially if that laser is being used as the basis of a business.

Joe Pelonio
09-11-2006, 4:17 PM
Do you have the laser already? I'd make sure your manufacturer supports Corel and ask them which version. When X3 first came out I asked Epilog and they told me they were still testing it. There could be bugs when a new software package is used on an older laser.

Ashton Waters
09-11-2006, 7:17 PM
Thanks for the info and the ideas. I does make sense to get the most, up to date software. I'll call Epilog and make sure it will be compatible.

Steve McKee
09-12-2006, 8:59 AM
I'm using X3 with my Epilog Legend 24EX, it was suggested to me by the distributor.