PDA

View Full Version : Balboa House Pics...house complete finally!

Mark Singer
09-11-2006, 9:03 AM
Here are some recent pics of the Balboa House. It is now on the market and we will see what happens????

tod evans
09-11-2006, 9:06 AM
very classy mark!

Mark Singer
09-11-2006, 9:07 AM
more pictures for your viewing pleasure courtesy of early morning productions:confused:

Bruce Page
09-11-2006, 9:32 AM
Looks like just another California tract home to me…:rolleyes:
Seriously, that is simply stunning.

Richard Wolf
09-11-2006, 9:35 AM
That's top draw stuff Mark, but we knew it would be.
The view is worth a Million alone!
Great work. Take the rest of the day off and we'll see you tomorrow at 8:00.

Richard

Art Mulder
09-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Is the location really private? I can't really tell. If not, I dunno... It looks great right now, but if I actually lived in there I'd need to putt up a ton of blinds or curtains in order to secure a bit of privacy. I don't really want the neighbours watching me shave in the bathroom. (that was a bathroom with the wite sink and the huge corner windows?)

Gorgeous wood - what is the dark grey/black hardwood floor?

Don Baer
09-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Another fabulous Singer creation. I hope it sells soon.

Dave Richards
09-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Wow! Very nice. Thank you for sharing these photos.

And just how many foks can say they have a house in which the doors, cabinets and more were made by the architect?

Cecil Arnold
09-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Mark, that's only beautiful. We toured Balboa once (saw John Wayne's place, etc.) and realized that the only way we would be able to live there (or Huntington Beach for all that) was to become dope dealers. Wife would love to move back to the LA area, but at this point, with Cal. real estate prices, I don't think we could afford Watts.

Karl Laustrup
09-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Magnifique!!!! What else can be said.

Just in case I hit the Powerball Lottery this week, what's the asking price, if you don't mind sharing?

Karl

Mark Singer
09-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Magnifique!!!! What else can be said.

Just in case I hit the Powerball Lottery this week, what's the asking price, if you don't mind sharing?

Karl

Karl,
The price is $5,690,000. which may be high.....we shall see....it only takes one person to love it with a fat checkbook:rolleyes:

Matt Meiser
09-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Very cool, but Mark, you forgot to put the decimal place in the price. :D

Bob Weisner
09-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Where is the lawn?

Glenn Clabo
09-11-2006, 1:14 PM
Beautifully done Mark...but who's surprised? I really like the pool...must be tough to clean. :D

Jerry Olexa
09-11-2006, 1:38 PM
As the realtors always say: location, location, etc. I have memories of the natural beauty of your area when I lived in Corona Del Mar, my first job w P&G right out of college. Great location and your home is dramatic and stunning...Beautiful results!

John Miliunas
09-11-2006, 2:36 PM
Yikes!!! I couldn't even come close to affording that if you dropped the "5" off of that figure!!! :eek: However, if I could afford it, I don't believe I'd have to think too long to have a Mark Singer masterpiece on such a magnificent location! Wonderful job, my friend! :) :cool:

Dave Richards
09-11-2006, 4:16 PM
John, I think you'd find it a long commute to work but it could be a nice second home for you. :D

At least you wouldn't have to shovel snow. And look at that view, would ya?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v506/weekender410/th_balboa1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v506/weekender410/balboa1.jpg)

Bob Childress
09-11-2006, 4:57 PM
Mark,

That home is stunning! Strikes me a little like Frank LLoyd Wright meets Copenhagen modern. Mark, you are a master. I love it. :D

Cruddy view though.:rolleyes:

That market may well support $5.7M. What's the Sq ftge?

Tyler Howell
09-11-2006, 6:15 PM
I'll take 2.
Very Very nice!

Brett Baldwin
09-11-2006, 6:29 PM
Imagine the bill for the window cleaning service alone! ;) That much glass would give me a paranoid attack but then I'm not normal sooo....

It is a great view both inside and out. Very nice Mark.

Jim Becker
09-11-2006, 6:41 PM
Stunning project, Mark. I'm so glad I got to see it early on, nearing completion and now, through your pictures, in final form. The buyer(s) of this property will be getting a wonderful property!!

Chris Padilla
09-11-2006, 7:31 PM
Well done, Mark! I hope you get a fair price for it!

Dennis Peacock
09-11-2006, 7:47 PM
Very nice and a beautiful place there Mark. But I sure wouldn't wanna hafta wash all them winders. :rolleyes: :D

Bruce Page
09-11-2006, 7:58 PM
Yikes!!! I couldn't even come close to affording that if you dropped the "5" off of that figure!!! :eek: However, if I could afford it, I don't believe I'd have to think too long to have a Mark Singer masterpiece on such a magnificent location! Wonderful job, my friend! :) :cool:

Drop the 5 AND the 6 and I could take a serious look at it! :D

Ben Grunow
09-11-2006, 9:46 PM
Great house and what a view. I've built a few houses but nothing like that.

Fire sprinklers in a home? Is that what I saw and if so are they code out there?

John Miliunas
09-11-2006, 10:14 PM
John, I think you'd find it a long commute to work but it could be a nice second home for you. :D

At least you wouldn't have to shovel snow. And look at that view, would ya?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v506/weekender410/th_balboa1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v506/weekender410/balboa1.jpg)

Ahhhh Dave, you just wouldn't believe the views! Simply stunning, is all I can say! The pics are great but, it just doesn't beat being there live and in living color! :)

Don't know why but, me thinks whomever is fortunate enough to pick that place up, won't be too worried about the commute or getting the winders washed! :rolleyes:

Here's the "scary" part, though: If you look at your satellite pic, there's a LOT of open space for Mark to keep right on building! :eek: :D :cool:

Lee DeRaud
09-11-2006, 10:44 PM
That market may well support $5.7M.Wouldn't be surprised, given the location.

Pretty scary though, Mark: I hadn't realized you were building that one on spec.:eek:

Robert Mickley
09-12-2006, 12:03 AM
yeah but does it have a woodshop?

That is sweet!!!

Mark Singer
09-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Thank you for your support! It is 3600 sf and has a oversized 2 car garage. The views are forever since the adjacent land is protected and there are no roof tops below to view over....all those factors play into the pricing. We will see what happens ....the agent says I am venturing into uncharted waters for a home of this size that is not on the water....it only takes one person so we shall see:confused:

Jim Becker
09-12-2006, 3:58 AM
We will see what happens ....the agent says I am venturing into uncharted waters for a home of this size that is not on the water....it only takes one person so we shall see

Yea, but I hear this amazing, well-respected architect designed and built the place...:D...the prospective buyers will be lining up to compete for this place!! :) Singer-originals are just not on every street corner...;)

Larry Fox
09-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Mark, that is simply amazing. Can't quite meet the asking price but I am willing to trade one dark and crapmed center-hall colonial style house in Pennsylvania for it. It has some really aweful blue aluminum siding if that sweetens the deal at all for you. :)

Seriously though - this is one of the more amazing houses I have ever seen, I really like the open space.

Jerry Olexa
09-13-2006, 10:44 AM
I'll go 5.4 if you throw in your workshop and tools...:) :D :)

Vaughn McMillan
09-13-2006, 2:29 PM
Beautiful job. Mark. It was fun watching this one from the start, and the finished product is awesome. Absoultely beautiful. I could sell my place and have about 10% down, but I'm afraid the mortgage would be a bit of a stretch for this hippie.

- Vaughn

Dan Mages
10-15-2006, 9:45 PM
Mark, Wow....

Fiancee LOML says the house is breathtaking! I totally agree with her. Can we rent the place for a weekend for our honeymoon??

You make it look too easy!

John Shuk
10-16-2006, 1:43 PM
Very nice execution. Superb.

Bob Swenson
10-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Mark
What’s not to like !!!:)
Bob

Michael Morgan
10-17-2006, 8:14 PM
That is truly an amazing home, my dream home would probably be in the middle of the woods somewhere, however waking up in the morning in that home wouldn't be all bad either;)
What type of footings does one use on a house like that and what type of geology does it sit on? If I had to guess i would say you drill large diameter holes until you hit good material and pour piers.

Mike Wilkins
10-18-2006, 10:18 AM
If this house has not sold by the time I win the Powerball, I will take it. Can you imagine sitting on that deck, facing the ocean, enjoying a Partagas and a glass of spirits??
This is what dreams are made of.
Beautiful work Mark.

Jim Becker
10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Sorry Mike...I need to win the PowerBall before you do... ;) Or at least get a visit from the PrizePatrol.

Seriously, I have walked in this house and it is exquisite! Mark is a master. Truly a master.

Carl Eyman
10-18-2006, 11:48 AM
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Better be careful about taking showers also.

Jeffrey Makiel
10-18-2006, 2:27 PM
Man...that sure is nice!
-Jeff :)