PDA

View Full Version : The first of many

Bart Leetch
09-10-2006, 8:26 PM
Since I received most of my advice from this great group of people I'll just have to blame most of it on you but LOML gets the first shot & the pen.

A Rose Wood Comfort pen.

Now I need to make the pencil to match.

Corey Hallagan
09-10-2006, 8:39 PM
Excellent Bart, you did great! Now you've done it.... pen turning get's expensive!

Corey

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-10-2006, 9:16 PM
Lookin' good, there, Bart!

Bruce

Bob Noles
09-10-2006, 9:18 PM
Bart,

Wonderful looking pen. I know the wife is going to enjoy that one for sure.

Bernie Weishapl
09-10-2006, 9:44 PM
Bart that is a beauty. The wife is definately going to snatch that one. Nice job Bart, keep'em coming.

Frank Chaffee
09-10-2006, 9:56 PM
Looks great Bart,
And I’m sure the mating pencil will be cool too!

As I’ve recently come into the means for creating mighty pens myself, I ask where you got the hardware for that? The soft ringed and grippable writing end of that pen looks as inviting as the knurled steel on the ends of my pencils.

Frank

terry miller
09-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Frank I would list them for you but there is to many sources for the hardware and kits. It is easier to point you to a couple of sites that have all of them as links. www.thepenshop.net (http://www.thepenshop.net) or www.penturners.org (http://www.penturners.org) Both of these sites are specifically for pens and the links are right on the home pages.

Corey Hallagan
09-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Frank the comfort kit is a PSI product. You can go to the PSI website or also any reseller of their products. I buy mine from Ryan and the gang at Woodturningz.com. They have better prices than PSI. Email them with any questions. Not everything is on the website as it is limited but they stock many many items and a huge selection of blanks.

Corey

Jim Dunn
09-11-2006, 9:27 AM
Real nice pen Bart. I like the color of that wood.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
09-11-2006, 9:46 AM
That is a nice one Bartk, pens are fun eh? :D

I have to get some more kits so I can start making some more!

Cheers!