PDA

View Full Version : Baldor grinder and wolverine jig

Brent Smith
09-10-2006, 8:10 PM
I just bought a Baldor grinder and a Wolverine grinding jig. In looking over the instructions that came with the Wolverine they show that the bottom of the jig base should be 6 1/4 - 6 1/2" from the center of the grinding wheel. on the Baldor it's more like 8 1/2". I can't shim under the jig base because of the wheel guards being in the way. I need some advice from people with the same setup.

My question is, does it really have to be 6 1/4 - 6 1/2" or will the 8 1/2" work out OK. The only way I see of getting the measuremant shown on the instructions is to remove the wheel guards, something I rather not do unless absolutely neccessary.

Thanks,

Brent

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-10-2006, 9:29 PM
The problem, I believe, if you are 8-1/2" away vs 6-1/2", is that the angle to the grinder is wrong and you will have trouble getting that bevel correct. I could be wrong.

Bruce

Brent Smith
09-10-2006, 9:46 PM
Hi Bruce,

That's what I'm worried about. The Wolverine is very adjustable, so I'm hoping someone out there is set up the same way and can give me some feedback on it.

Andy Hoyt
09-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Brent - Go to the Oneway website (http://www.oneway.on.ca/), and locate their forum. Once there, look for a thread titled Grinder does't fit Wolverine that has a last post date of March 9, 2006 (and a thread origination date of February 13). It speaks to this issue in a very direct and solveable way.

I hope this method satisfies the TOS.:cool:

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Ain't this site GREAT, Brent................ We got people like Andy who keep track of ALL the obscure problems and Have the answers.

Thanks Andy!

Bruce

Brent Smith
09-11-2006, 7:49 AM
Thanks Andy,

That solves the problem. If I'm reading it right, the 6" distance is only essential when using the Wolverine dressing jig. Simple enough to use a regular stone dresser. Thanks for taking the time to find that. I had no idea that Oneway even had a forum.

Brent

Jim Dunn
09-11-2006, 9:28 AM
Andy keeps track of everything "obscure".

A Oneway is on my short list along with everything else.