PDA

View Full Version : Lowes, Porter Cable Sander deal

Steve Roxberg
10-09-2003, 3:35 PM
I appears that Lowes has some Porter Cable Sanders on sale for $49 dollars that Delta is offering a $50 rebate on. The rebate form can be retreived from the Lowes web site. On the main page, buried in the middle is a red rebate button, click on it and select Delta.

The form lists model numbers, one of which is the sander.

I'm going for it, great christmas presents.

There is a big thread in the tools forum at www.augusthome.com if you need or want more info.

Steve Roxberg
10-09-2003, 5:08 PM
More info.

Some good rebates at Lowes. You can get PC 340K sander for less than free after rebate.

Go to www.lowes.com and put int the first item number for the price before the rebate. You can download the rebate form from Lowes.com mid-way down the screen, click on REBATE. It says Delta, but as long as the Lowes part number matches, PC items qualify for the rebate. Enjoy.

Lowes# Product/Part#

$50 rebate items
210308 Delta 12" CMS w/Laser 36-255L
162650 Couldn't find it
59964 Delta 14" Band Saw 28-278
91795 Delta 13" Planer 22-580
169950 Delta Midi Lathe LA200
52389 PC 1/4 Sheet Sander PC340K
28085 PC 2 HP Plunge Rtr 8529

$30 rebate items
82693 Delta 8" Grinder GR450
61545 PC Plate Joiner 557

Anthony Yakonick
10-09-2003, 7:30 PM
Hey, I picked up the sander and also the 8529 router which is on clearance for 159.00. Are these the routers that H.D. had on sale for 100.00 a while ago? A few problems with this purchase tho, I am a turner but I had to have these "just in case" second, I going in for shoulder surgery tomorrow and I won't get to play for a while!

Anthony

Larry Harman
10-10-2003, 4:23 PM
I'm new to this. How do you get a $50 rebate on a PC tool when the form says "Delta" and requires the cash register rec. AND the UPC label from the package? Thanks. LDH

Jeff Watson
10-10-2003, 5:24 PM
Just picked up three of the sanders at Lowes. I thought it was a little unclear on how much of a rebate you got back if you bought multiple products, so I called the toll free number for Lowes rebate and spoke to a Mark who confirmed to me that I would indeed be getting a check back for $150 for three sanders. Hope this helps someone make up their mind. They had a whole pallet full of them at the store in Bloomington, IN

mike malone
10-10-2003, 6:25 PM
I'm new to this. How do you get a $50 rebate on a PC tool when the form says "Delta" and requires the cash register rec. AND the UPC label from the package? Thanks. LDH

ditto Larry
i can't figure it out either, but i'll buy one and give it a try anyway.
regards,
mike

Jim Becker
10-10-2003, 9:05 PM

Delta and Porter Cable have been "joined at the hip" for a few years now...essentially the same company. In fact, some of the tools are identical, such as certain miter saws. Only the stickers and boxes are different.

Wes Bischel
10-10-2003, 9:28 PM
I talked with the young lady at Customer Service and she said that as long as the item numbers matched, that the rebate is valid. I'm going to give it a try. Sanders for Christmas all the way around. :D

Wes

I wonder what my 20 month old will think of his new sander?

mike malone
10-10-2003, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=mike malone]ditto Larry

Looks like the info is right.
i bought 2 units here in Riverside CA tonight (at $34.95 each!!)
the PC number on the receipt matches the delta number on the rebate form.
the form states there is no limit!! Looks like i should get a $100 rebate from Lowes.
christmas in October, boyz!
Best
mike

Anthony Yakonick
10-11-2003, 2:14 AM
check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2352683068&category=43594

Ted Shrader
10-11-2003, 9:49 AM
I got a ¼ sheet sander.

Amazingly enough, I had been looking at a ¼ sheet sander earlier in the week. Possibility for upcoming birthday. Guess it will have to be something else. ;) :D :)

Ted

John Guerra
10-11-2003, 8:24 PM
I can not seem to download the rebate from from the Lowes website. If somebody already has the pdf can you please email it to me? Thanks in advance.

John

roofas@hotmail.com

Steve Roxberg
10-11-2003, 9:20 PM
I can not seem to download the rebate from from the Lowes website. If somebody already has the pdf can you please email it to me? Thanks in advance.

John

roofas@hotmail.com

You should have one in your inbox.

mike malone
10-12-2003, 12:02 AM
I appears that Lowes has some Porter Cable Sanders on sale for $49 dollars that Delta is offering a $50 rebate on. The rebate form

BTW....
Thanks for starting the thread Steve...got so carried away, i realized no one gave you credit for this one.
regards
mike

Pete Harbin
10-12-2003, 12:26 AM
I can't seem to find it on the website.

Steve Roxberg
10-12-2003, 9:42 AM

Go to http://www.lowes.com

You can download the rebate form from Lowes.com mid-way down the screen, click on REBATE. (It's a red button)

Select Delta as the Manufacturer, but as long as the Lowes part number matches, PC items qualify for the rebate. Enjoy.

mike malone
10-12-2003, 10:54 AM

Pete:
go to lowes.com

click on rebates (red button in mid page)

click on DELTA
download and print the form

Pete Harbin
10-12-2003, 6:48 PM
You mean do the obvious thing and click on the Red Button that says Rebate! Doh! I was entering the item number up top in the search field, and then looking for rebate information.

Let's all pretend that none of this ever happened ;)

I picked up 8 of the sanders this morning. Guess what the 3 brothers-in-law are getting for Christmas this year :) Heck, I just may give one to my niece for her fifth birthday this year! One for me, and sanders all around to the buddies who've been so helpful in laying our tile this summer.

For those of you in Albuquerque, I picked up the last 4 in Rio Rancho, but there are still about 8-10 left at the Paseo del Norte location. I didn't venture up to the Eubank location, so there's no telling how many are still up for grabs out here.

Great find guys and thanks for the heads up!!!

Pete...surrounded by sanders!

Hal Flynt
10-14-2003, 12:58 PM
I can't get to the PDF file either, it keeps giving me page not found.

My email is hflynt@esper.com

Thanks in advance!

Wes Bischel
10-14-2003, 2:28 PM
Hal, it should be in your e-mail box.

(Just so Hal doesn't get 200 PDFs in the mail from 200 helpful members!)

Wes

Douglas Robinson
10-14-2003, 2:41 PM
Can someone email me the pdf? dougrobinson@attglobal.net Thanks.

Hal Flynt
10-14-2003, 2:46 PM
You Should have it, I got it from Wes, Thanks Wes!

john lawson
10-14-2003, 3:48 PM
You Should have it, I got it from Wes, Thanks Wes!
Could someone please send me the rebate form in a PDf, as well?

My email is: jlawso21@bellsouth.net

thanks

john lawson

mike malone
10-14-2003, 7:02 PM

I can not seem to download the rebate from from the Lowes website. If somebody was smart enough to save in pdf form, can you please email it to me? Thanks in advance
mike
h92544@yahoo.com

David Klug
10-14-2003, 10:09 PM
More info.

Some good rebates at Lowes. You can get PC 340K sander for less than free after rebate.

Go to http://www.lowes.com and put int the first item number for the price before the rebate. You can download the rebate form from Lowes.com mid-way down the screen, click on REBATE. It says Delta, but as long as the Lowes part number matches, PC items qualify for the rebate. Enjoy.

Lowes# Product/Part#

$50 rebate items
210308 Delta 12" CMS w/Laser 36-255L
162650 Couldn't find it
59964 Delta 14" Band Saw 28-278
91795 Delta 13" Planer 22-580
169950 Delta Midi Lathe LA200
52389 PC 1/4 Sheet Sander PC340K

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I went down and picked one up and when I get my rebate back it will have cost me $2.82 which is to keep the gov. happy.

Dave

Dan Smith
10-15-2003, 7:48 AM
Could someone email me the PDF also, I cannot get it from the website.

Thanks,

dan

Dan@wreck-finder.com

Hal Flynt
10-15-2003, 9:49 AM
Sent to Dan and Mike

Anthony Yakonick
10-15-2003, 4:57 PM
Hey, I just went to Lowes website and did a search for a Delta rebate and it came up "no promotions", maybe they caught on?
I'm glad I sent mine
Anthony

Scott Coffelt
10-15-2003, 6:04 PM
I read on another post that apparently it was to be a combined purchase with a router. The mistake has been pulled, the million dollar question is whether they will honor the rebate or use the "sorry for the mistake, but we can not honor the rebate" position.

Personally, I wouldn't blame them if they used the second. Whether it is ethical or not, the only reason I made the purchase at this time was because of the rebate. I already had a sander, but thought becuase of the deal I could buy a back up. If they do not accept the rebate, then I would return and wait until the time my other needs replaced.

We'll see. I have not mailed my rebate yet. I hope someone can find out before I do.

Dave Hammelef
10-15-2003, 6:15 PM
Can Someone email me the PDF file also.

Dave Hammelef
10-16-2003, 5:35 AM
Never mind I found a link and here it is

http://www.kingstonco.com/New_Folder/041896.pdf

Ted Shrader
10-16-2003, 10:25 AM
I read on another post that apparently it was to be a combined purchase with a router. The mistake has been pulled, the million dollar question is whether they will honor the rebate or use the "sorry for the mistake, but we can not honor the rebate" position.

I think Lowe's should honor the rebate in the spirit of good customer relations. The mistake was on their part, not the consumer's.

I have sent in my rebate already, but of course retained copies of all. If they do not honor the rebate, my sander is going back - without the UPC on the box. May require store manager intervention.

Ted

markgoodall
10-16-2003, 11:23 AM
The 7529 is the first 2HP router that had some problems with the switch. The 8529 is the same router but with a simpler more reliable switch.

I picked up a 7529 for $25 after the rebate, plus another 2 of the 8529 for $109 after reabte .... for that price I couldn't resist.

Happy Woodworking!

markgoodall
10-16-2003, 11:32 AM
They lowered the price to $34.99 PLUS they're going to send me $50.

Now that's a great deal.

My guess is that thye simply have too much stock of those sanders and let's face it, very few of those old fashioned sanders are sold now that newer ones have variable speed and are random orbit. I think they simply have to get them out of the way.

I picked up 4 but I htink I should have picked up the whole pallet and had a garage sale ;)

Happy Woodworking!

Tom Sweeney
10-16-2003, 5:30 PM
Good to see you posting on SMC. :D
Just wanted to welcome you aboard. So how many routers do you own? :)

Anthony Yakonick
10-16-2003, 7:42 PM
They lowered the price to $34.99 PLUS they're going to send me $50.

Now that's a great deal.

My guess is that thye simply have too much stock of those sanders and let's face it, very few of those old fashioned sanders are sold now that newer ones have variable speed and are random orbit. I think they simply have to get them out of the way.

I picked up 4 but I htink I should have picked up the whole pallet and had a garage sale ;)

Happy Woodworking!
I think you'll find out that it's "up to $50". From what I understand they will refund your purchase price only, still it isn't a bad deal.

Anthony

Lynn Kasdorf
10-17-2003, 9:54 AM
I got the last 3 from the local Lowes. Now I just have to see if they will actually honor the rebate coupon. I wonder if it woudl be better to send 3 different letters rather than combine into one letter with 3 coupons and barcodes and receipts?

This is actually very opportune because all my sanders got submerged in the recent shop flood and I don't know yet if any will be salvageable. So free replacements are a welcome benefit.