PDA

View Full Version : BERMUDA-hurricane florence

john blanchard
09-09-2006, 2:34 PM
Getting ready for the winds and rain :eek: , boarding up the boss` house, 3/4" ply on the doors, windows have aluminum shutters, a shot of the dock across the street this morning at high tide, its just lapping over the top. It will be catagory 2 by the time it gets here.

Joe Pelonio
09-09-2006, 2:37 PM
:( Looks nasty already - Hang in there and be safe!!

Andy Hoyt
09-09-2006, 5:37 PM
The heck with The Boss' House!

What about yours, Johnny?

john blanchard
09-09-2006, 6:09 PM
Luckily our little place, a one bedroom cottage, is protected by the landlords main house, even juring fabian in 03 it was blowing 130 mph, you couldn`t feel it in the house other than the windows vibrating a little. Here`s a couple shots from fabian, before and after. first and second shot is outside our front door, 3rd is the next street, interesting thing here is trees fell to the west while the wind was blowing to the east, we think a twister went down that side and uprooted them, last is a steet right on ocean which is over 2 feet deep with rubble.

Bruce Page
09-09-2006, 6:48 PM
The price of paradise!
Stay safe!

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-09-2006, 8:27 PM
Keep SAFE, John!

Bruce

Fred Voorhees
09-10-2006, 8:13 AM
Good luck John. My wife and I vacationed in Bermuda a number of years ago and fell in love with the island. Hope everything stays "battoned down".

Larry Browning
09-10-2006, 8:55 AM
Hey John,
The news said florence was not going to be as bad as the last one you guys had. But any hurricane cannot be taken lightly.
I didn't realize we had any members from Bermuda. My brother lives in Bermuda, and I guess he is getting ready for Florence as well, but I haven't talked to him for about a week. We have been wanting to go visit my brother sometime. If we do, I always enjoy visiting fellow creekers, maybe I could come see how you do it in Bermuda.

john blanchard
09-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey Larry, bermuda is a nice place to visit, I have been here 8 years, I`m ready to go home, my contract is good untill dec 07. How long has your brother been here, who doe`s he work for, I`m with sticks and stones, we do kitchens, floors stairs and granite counters.

Larry Browning
09-11-2006, 1:59 PM
John,
Be sure to let us know how Florence treated you when you get back online. We want pictures of the aftermath.

john blanchard
09-11-2006, 4:48 PM
Were back on line, lost power at 5:30am, came back on at 4:00pm, lots of wind, not as much as expected, lots of trees with branches broken off, a tornado touched down yesterday, saw the house it hit on the weather channel, they had good coverage this time, they don`t know we are here otherwise. No damage to our place or the boss` house, pics in a minute.

john blanchard
09-11-2006, 5:35 PM
here`s a couple shots before and after, just a bunch of leaves and branches, lots of rain today, sun is out now. Turned the tv on and i see soon to be tropical storm Gordon starting up.

Jim Becker
09-11-2006, 6:44 PM
'Glad you're ok, John.

Dave Ray
09-11-2006, 9:26 PM
Glad your safe John. Thanks for pic's