PDA

View Full Version : Potential Work Project--needs laser engraving

Matt Meiser
09-08-2006, 9:12 PM
I've been talking to a couple of people at work about making some pen & pencil sets to give out to our division's biggest customers at Christmas time. Many of our customers can only accept gifts if they have our logo, so I'd want to get that laser engraved. Anyone interested in quoting?

I'd probably only do 10-20 sets due to the time committment. Here's (http://www.tetratech.com/images/Tt_Logo.gif) one version logo for reference. I would be able to supply much better artwork, and we would use a version that has the name as big as the logo. One other question is how much lead time I would need to plan for.

Keith Outten
09-09-2006, 7:20 AM
Matt,

Check our Laser Engravers and CNC routers list for someone close to you and send them a Private Message. The lead time will vary based on the engravers workload but pens are fairly easy to engrave. Remember that pens are small in diameter and the size of your logo will be very small unless the engraver uses a rotary attachment which will increase your cost. Most pens that I engrave I use a flat jig and the job goes faster than setting up a rotary attachment. You will have to decide whether the cost or the size of the engraving is most important.

What kind of wood are the pens made from ?

Matt Meiser
09-09-2006, 9:08 AM
I haven't decided on wood yet. Probably something light like maple to make the logo visible.

Keith Outten
09-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Maple is a good choice, it engraves well with excellent contrast.

Nancy Laird
09-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Matt, I just sent you a PM with a quotation for the work.

Nancy Laird