PDA

View Full Version : Hard Time Finding S&D Pipe

glenn bradley
09-08-2006, 9:10 PM
I can normally find just about anything on the web but am having a problem finding 6" S&D suppliers. Any links or tips?

TIA

P.s. I'm in SoCal but would appreciate any links or contact info just to get me started.

Joe Mioux
09-08-2006, 9:15 PM
Go to your local plumber....

Joe

Jim Becker
09-08-2006, 9:25 PM
Check out local irrigation suppliers in the yellow pages as well as "real" plumbing suppliers.

Jim O'Dell
09-08-2006, 9:51 PM
I didn't see your thread when I started one a few minutes ago. Sorry you don't live closer to Texas, but see the post of mine on updated supplier in the SW, Jim.

Jeffrey Makiel
09-09-2006, 1:04 PM
Glenn,
McMaster Carr (mcmaster.com) has S&D pipe and fittings. The fittings are very reasonable in price but the pipe is more costly (6" pipe x 10ft = $26). I don't know if the shipping would be a killer though.

I hear that irrigation supply houses often carry this stuff too. Perhaps a lucky trip thru the yellow pages may work.
-Jeff

Aaron Montgomery
09-09-2006, 5:00 PM
My local Menards carries 6" S&D, or rather 6" S&D fittings. The 6" pipe is SDR35 and in green. I looked everywhere for white, but eventually just gave up and bought the green. Even McMaster Carr no longer carries white 6" S&D pipe. (just fittings) Looks like the 6" S&D they now carry is grey in color. My local HD and Lowes do not carry 6". I'm nearing completion of the initial runs for my dust collection. I'll post pictures one of these days. ;)

Chris Padilla
09-09-2006, 5:24 PM
SDR35 will work but the cheapest stuff is the S&D 2729. Jim steered you right: my local irrigation warehouse/supplier carries it for 2.37/ft. It is all white...or actually more off-white/cream. Horizon is the name of the outfit here in San Jose.

I got all my fittings from McMaster-Carr. I, too, will be posting pics soon of my ductwork install! :)

Chris Padilla
09-09-2006, 5:36 PM
Glenn,

I just picked up some more 6" S&D from my local irrigatin warehouse.

Aaron Montgomery
09-09-2006, 6:44 PM
Ok, not to be outdone by Chris, :p here's a few pics of the progress thus far.

Chris Padilla
09-09-2006, 7:21 PM
Aaron,

You've WAY outdone me. That is very clean and very nice. Oh to have a dedicated space for my shop but my garage is mobile and must remain that way. I'm just using plumber's tape and screwing it down...using the black rubber "bungee" cord for ceiling hangers. Not very elegant but should do the job I hope! :)

Joe Mioux
09-09-2006, 7:23 PM
Hey Chris:

That is the nicest "towel drying rack" I have ever seen.;)

Chris Padilla
09-09-2006, 7:34 PM
Joe,

It is probably the most expensive one out there, too! ;) (the towel is there to keep the water off my precious....)

JayStPeter
09-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Got all mine at Lowes ... fittings and all. Had to make 'em order some of the stuff they didn't have in stock.