PDA

View Full Version : Back online

Steve Ash
09-08-2006, 8:46 PM
Well I am finally back online after nearly two months...bet you guys enjoyed the absence.:)

Guess I got some catching up to do.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-08-2006, 9:05 PM
Missed you Steve! Glad you are back!

Art Mulder
09-08-2006, 9:07 PM

Yeah, start reading Marty's "Birth of a Shop Thread". That should take you until Monday...:rolleyes:

Chris Billman
09-08-2006, 9:20 PM
You gonna be at Brad's or Johnson's tomorrow?

Frank Chaffee
09-08-2006, 9:30 PM
Hey Steve,
Welcome back!
And hug my “no monkey business, now” friend too!

Frank

Joe Mioux
09-08-2006, 9:31 PM
Mr ASH!!!

Welcome Back!

Joe

Don Baer
09-08-2006, 9:33 PM
hey steve we missed ya.

Steve Ash
09-08-2006, 9:33 PM
You gonna be at Brad's or Johnson's tomorrow?

No Chris, I spent the day at Johnson's turning tops for kids on the lathe they provided and my wife had plans to go to a auction sale tomorrow. Might be home later in the afternoon though.

Jim Becker
09-08-2006, 9:47 PM
I go into convulsions if I'm off line for more than a few hours...two months would probably kill me! Welcome back, Steve!!

Cecil Arnold
09-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Welcome back Steve. Where are all the pictures of your two months worth of turnings on that "Green Machine?"

Mike Cutler
09-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Definitely missed the "Haulin' Ash" signature logo lately.

Ya' got some reading to catch up on for sure.

Good seeing ya' Steve.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
09-09-2006, 1:03 AM
Well I am finally back online after nearly two months...bet you guys enjoyed the absence.:)

Sorry, I did not notice...................... ;) :D

Good to have you back, my friend, so what did you do for two months?

Yeah, Marty's "Birth of a shop" is quite the read!

Cheers!

Mark Rios
09-09-2006, 1:22 AM
NIce ta see ya again Steve. I was wonderin' where that neato car avatar had gotten to.

Dennis Peacock
09-09-2006, 1:55 AM
Welcome back Steve!!!!! Glad to see ya around on the Creek again. :D

Norman Hitt
09-09-2006, 2:10 AM
Hey Steve, WELCOME Back. I was afraid that you had finished that "Tractor Restoration" you were working on, and got it running and just headed out over the HORIZON with a big smile on your face, and forgot to come back HOME.:rolleyes: :D :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
09-09-2006, 4:51 AM
Hey Steve, WELCOME Back. I was afraid that you had finished that "Tractor Restoration" you were working on, and got it running and just headed out over the HORIZON with a big smile on your face, and forgot to come back HOME.:rolleyes: :D :D

Not possible, he has this waiting for him at home......

makes most other addictions seem like mere desires :D

Steve Ash
09-09-2006, 6:14 AM

Actually I just bought this 1966 John Deere 3020 about two weeks ago, identical to one of the tractors we had on the farm. I learned to plow on this type of tractor.

I'll be getting a front end loader for it so it can be used on the jobsite, lifting 6x6's, roof sheething, shingles, etc.....then clean it up and take it to a tractor show.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_2439_044.jpg

tod evans
09-09-2006, 6:47 AM
glad you`re back steve!

George Conklin
09-09-2006, 11:14 AM
I go into convulsions if I'm off line for more than a few hours...two months would probably kill me! Welcome back, Steve!!

Exactly!

Welcome back, Steve. I too, have missed seeing you around here:) .

Mark Pruitt
09-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Welcome back! Noticed your absence--glad it was only a computer issue.

Steve Clardy
09-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Glad to see you haven't "kicked the ol' bucket":)

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-09-2006, 9:09 PM
Glad to have you back, Steve.

Bruce

Matt Meiser
09-09-2006, 9:28 PM
Welcome back Steve!

Norman Hitt
09-10-2006, 4:31 AM
Actually I just bought this 1966 John Deere 3020 about two weeks ago, identical to one of the tractors we had on the farm. I learned to plow on this type of tractor.

I'll be getting a front end loader for it so it can be used on the jobsite, lifting 6x6's, roof sheething, shingles, etc.....then clean it up and take it to a tractor show.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_2439_044.jpg

Hey that's a beauty Steve. Gosh some of you guys sure had it GOOD growing up.:D I first learned to plow with my uncles team of horses, and Dad had bought a small farm and then bought a homebuilt tractor, built with a Model "T" motor & clutch/gear assy and they had added a truck transmission and rear end behind that, (no electric starter either).:rolleyes: I thought I had died and gone to heaven when we finally got a 1 row Allis Chalmers, (still no electric starter):( that we farmed about 75 acres of ctton, corn and maize with. We really got up in "High Cotton" though when we finally traded for a Two Row Case, (Electric Start..Yippee).:p :D Starting about the 5 th grade, I began plowing for some of the local farmers and they had everything from Fords, John Deere's, Farmall's and one large Ranch I did a lot of work for had a two row Allis Chalmers, and two VERY LARGE Mineapolis Molines. After High School, I never Farmed again, as such. I did help Dad out a little with the plowing a few times when I was home for a visit.

You'll have to post more pics when you get it all rigged up and pretty for the tractor show.

Bart Leetch
09-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Welcome back Steve..

Gee another green machine. You know if you park that thing on a platform about 2' off the ground & take a back tire off of that thing & mount a big face plate just think of the size bowl you could turn.......................................& think of the RPM that bowl would be turning out at the outside edge:eek: :eek: :eek: :D ...............