PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
09-08-2006, 8:15 PM
Friday September 8, 2006

Almost forgot about "Doin" this thread after last weekend being without SMC.

It's Polish fest here in the Dells this weekend. The weather doesn't look like it's going to co-operate very nicely though. I'm hoping for a round of golf and some time in the shop. Got some more cleaning and straightening to do before I can tackle some of my projects.

So after a short week, what are you up to this weekend? Inquiring minds want to know and my feeble little pea brain is curious as well.

Make it a good one and be safe.

Karl

Dennis Peacock
09-08-2006, 9:03 PM
Howdy Karl.....

Plan on finishing up those 3 display cabinets for the 2nd Chance Youth Ranch this weekend and haul a little firewood since it's free for the cuttin. ;)

Have a great weekend!!!!

Matt Meiser
09-08-2006, 9:05 PM
Brother and SIL are coming up from Columbus and staying with us so I probably won't spend any time in the shop. If I do, I need to make a set of vinyl Kawasaki Mule headrests (the base is wood) that I'm selling on Ebay to pay for the materials for the set I made myself. I also might try to layout the cuts in some cherry to make the miniature shaker chest in this month's Pop Woodworking. Probably just as well that I can't go out there as my ankle is still hurting like a (fill in the blank) whenever I spend much time on it.

Jim O'Dell
09-08-2006, 9:24 PM
I've got to work 5 hrs tomorrow, then I will probably have to do some fiddling with LOML's computer. Still can't get the scanner to work right. Missing a .dll, and won't accept the one I down loaded from the net, and won't reload the program. Even tried uninstalling the program and the scanner and starting over, but it won't uninstall one part of the program, and reinstalling on top of it has proven to be less than fruitfull.
I did go cut the sliders out for 3 more blast gates. I need to get some more melamine for the "bread" part of the sandwich. The next one I'm going to make the hole in the actual gate smaller to coincide with the inside size of the pipe for an even smoother flow for less build up that gets pushed out when closing the gate. Still need to cut the oak and band the first one. We'll see how much time I get away!! :D Jim.

Don Baer
09-08-2006, 9:32 PM
I'll be in the shop building the monster desk for LOML, I hope to get all of the drawers done. I also need to get some lathe time to finish the big ole bowl I'm working on, gotta get it done this week since it's gonna be a wedding present for my borthers upcomming wedding next weekend, (his second) in Pahrump Neveda. Since I won't be around the shop next week end, got a wedding to go to.

Jim Becker
09-08-2006, 9:45 PM
This will not be another weekend like the last two, but a 'Creeker visit will be involved... ;)

Mark Pruitt
09-08-2006, 9:48 PM
LOML's birthday is Saturday. Thanks to some humorous turns of events, she already knows what her gifts are. (Rowley's "Woodturning" book and a P&N spindle gouge.) Taking her out to breakfast in the morning, grilling lamb for dinner, and heading to a coffee shop tomorrow evening. Rest of the weekend--dunno, but I suspect there will be wood shavings involved.:D :D

Nancy Laird
09-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Since we are getting our new "baby" (new laser) next weekend, we are reconfiguring our laser room--new paint, new shelving, new carpet to dampen the sound. Just need to move the exhaust blower from one side of the room to the other and run the piping, move the old laser to its new home, install the new computer desk, and the room will be ready for the new baby. Next Friday, Arkansas, here we come!!!

Al Willits
09-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Finally got the Miter saw cabinet to actually fit the miter saw (more learning curve here) and now will finish sanding and then decide whether to paint or stain it, then making doors for it and the cabinet I make last week (and cut the doors to small). :)

Actually got some cleaning done and the garage is starting to look like a shop...well kinda, still a lot to do.
It was so bad before, when Tyler stopped by with his camera, he looked around, cringed and took a picture of my stereo, then went off muttering to himself....Ty, ya can actually see the floor now.. :D

Anyway, shop today, golf tomm morning then more cleaning.

Al .. ... who thinks cleaning would go better if he quit doing projects while cleaning, but ain't half as much fun...