PDA

View Full Version : Jorgensen clamps deal.........

John Kain
09-08-2006, 5:37 PM
I just ordered (4) Jorgensen 50 3/4" Pony Pipe Clampsfrom Amazon for about $37 delivered. I really am not sure there is anything great about the timing of this deal but you get an automatic 10% off and free shipping.

I'm starting working on a project that will require some +50" clamps and decided to go this way instead of costlier options.

Not too bad of a price, I'd think.

They look darn easy to set up. Any tricks I should know about before hand?

Mike Cutler
09-08-2006, 6:04 PM
The 3/4" Pony's are nice. I have a few for some 10 footers. Only tip I know of is to be sure to clean the pipe off prior to use.:eek: Yep. I got a nice machine oil stain on the wood when I used mine for the first time.

Oh yeah, one more tip. Grab some of those plastic pipe covers when you buy the pipe, and electrical tape them to the end of the pipe after you make the clamp. Those exposed pipe ends make a heckuva gouge tool. Once again:eek:. :mad:

Pete Rowley
09-08-2006, 6:05 PM
John,

Thank you for the heads up, I just ordered 15 clamps, got the 10% discount, added the ALLTOOLS promotional code for $25 off for $150 spent, free super saving shipping, and got all 15 shipped for $116.61

I'd say that's a deal :)

glenn bradley
09-08-2006, 6:48 PM
Got a deal on a dozen of those through Northern tool once upon a time. When you need 'em there the thing to have. I have a wall rack that hangs them behind my toolbox. Nice and out of the way but readily available. There's four of 'em clamping a carcas right now. I use galvinized pipe so as to leave no black marks. It's just pennines more a foot than black pipe and well worth it.

Chuck Hanger
09-08-2006, 7:13 PM
I use those rubber tips like you put on a cane or the bottom of folding chairs. Work good.
Chuck

Bart Leetch
09-08-2006, 7:31 PM
I have a few of those. I have & use several the clamps in the Harbor Freight clamps below they work just as good.

I like the look of these even better because they have a foot the sets them up off of the bench a ways. The also are made to have cauls screwed to them

I guess you'll have to click on the second URL to open it.

John Kain
09-08-2006, 7:47 PM
I have a few of those. I have & use several the clamps in the Harbor Freight clamps below they work just as good.

I like the look of these even better because they have a foot the sets them up off of the bench a ways. The also are made to have cauls screwed to them

I guess you'll have to click on the second URL to open it.

Darn it Bart, stop killing my new buy buzz!:D

Reg Mitchell
09-08-2006, 8:41 PM
orrrrrrrr...you can also cut some triangular shape pieces of wood, cut a hole in it the same size of the pipe and slip that between the jaws. That way you have the protection for the jaws + you have feet to lift them up from the table.
Reg ;) new buzz restored

Bart Leetch
09-08-2006, 9:57 PM
Thanks Reg I've kinda thought of that but not done it yet.

Sometimes we just need to be prodded along.:eek: :eek: :eek: :D