PDA

View Full Version : 8" Flex Hose for DC Wanted

Chris Padilla
09-08-2006, 4:40 PM
Okay, this may be the wrong forum (kind of) but I need all eyes to see it before "Big Brudda" ;) moves it for me to OT.

I need about a 12" piece of 8" flex line for my DC. If anyone has a small piece leftover or wouldn't mind hacking me off a piece of some long line they have, I sure would appreciate and will happily pay for the piece and shipping.

Most of the online retailers of this stuff (Oneida, Grizzly, Wynn, etc.) only sell this as 5' minimum orders and I just don't need that much and this is spendy stuff!

Anyway, post here or send me a PM/email or something and help out a feller ww'er/SMCer!

Thanks,

Chris

Cecil Arnold
09-08-2006, 6:01 PM
Chris,

I don't know what you want the 8" for, but in talking to Ed at Clear Vue, he mentioned that some people are using 8" insulated flex AC ducting on their outlet side. It isolates the DC from the filters and holds down the noise a little. If that is suitable you should be able to find a scrap at an AC contractor.

Chris Padilla
09-08-2006, 7:39 PM
Gee, Cecil...are you, like, reading my mind?! :eek: Strange, cause I bet it is empty like space! :p

Yeah, this is precisely the application I'm looking for: connecting the blower outlet to my 8" muffler (then filters, etc.). I've got plenty of 6" flex hose...but that ain't making it around the blower outlet and I ain't even gonna try! :D

Terry Hatfield
09-08-2006, 7:52 PM
If you can't score a piece local, let me know. I gots plenty extra 8" insulated HVAC flex that I'll ship out to ya. I had to buy 25 feet when I really only needed 5 to connect mine.

t

Chris Padilla
09-08-2006, 8:22 PM
Hey Terry,

Thanks a bunch. I just remembered that my neighbor has an HVAC buddy and I just got off the phone with him and he is bringing me by some flopping around in the back of his truck! Score! Sorry, no pics for this gloat but I'll have some of the completed DC system later on! :D

Jim O'Dell
09-08-2006, 9:31 PM
Hey Chris...nice to see that you are actually working on your cyclone for a change!:eek: It's been a while. Remember pictures. We'll wait until tomorrow afternoon when you have the flex in place.:D Jim.

Joe Mioux
09-08-2006, 9:41 PM
Chris:

I joined this forum about the same time you did the famous "Padilla Garage/Gut Remodel".

It's good to see you continuing.

How about some pictures of the garage. And do you still have those side door curtains?

Joe

Chris Padilla
09-08-2006, 11:01 PM
LOL...you guys are too much! :D

Yes, I am taking pics and I will eventually post them. I'm in stockpiling mode right now...don't worry, thems-a comin'! :D

Ed Moehlenpah
09-09-2006, 1:40 AM
did you still need some of that 6" flex for hooking up the can to the cyclone? I still have some for you if you still need it.
Ed

Chris Padilla
09-09-2006, 1:54 AM
Hi Ed!

Actually, I'm cool...I had to buy 40 feet of 6" flex for my own use so I do have plenty! Hey, I might have a nice cartridge filter for you if you are interested. It came just "slightly" damaged from UPS and so Wynn Environmental sent me out a whole new one. Send me a PM or email and I'll give you further details.

Justin Dreier
09-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Grizzly sells 3' length. $17.95 plus shipping though. If you have some other stuff you need from Grizzly, it might work. I used all of the 3' I ordered for the same purpose. Justin