PDA

View Full Version : Doing The Dance

Reg Mitchell
09-08-2006, 1:19 PM
Hi Guys,
I got the work last night. I have a large poll standing in my yard with 3,,,count em 1, 2, 3, canisters on it. A large power line running down the side under ground and reaperaing in the panel box in my shop.
WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO.....Its Christmas time in Tennessee.
AND to beat it all one of the guys at work wanted to trade weekends off so I get to fire up some of those machines I have been moveing and lugging around all summer. The Bridgeport is tooled along with the lathe. I recieved saw blades Wed. All I need to do is drop a line for the Oliver and, with a shaking finger, hit the "ON" switch.
Now I get to do some serious work....Oh by the way gyus. I will be adding a 20X24 addition to my shop to house the metal working machines.
Reg......seriously though about callin in today at work :D

tod evans
09-08-2006, 1:35 PM
yeah!!!!!!! way to go reg..

Bruce Page
09-08-2006, 1:43 PM
Way cool! Fire them puppies up!

Have you posted pictures yet?

Steve Clardy
09-08-2006, 3:09 PM
Ah. As they say.

No pics, didn't happen;) :)

Reg Mitchell
09-08-2006, 4:44 PM
:p lol I will be there this weekend.....and will return with pics.....:D

tod evans
09-08-2006, 4:49 PM
reg, here`s a pic you can borrow:) tod

glenn bradley
09-08-2006, 4:54 PM
yeahhhhh, buddy!

Steve Clardy
09-08-2006, 4:58 PM
reg, here`s a pic you can borrow:) tod

Is that a MO pole tod?:)

Dan Racette
09-08-2006, 5:05 PM
does 3 cans mean three phase?

I can see the three phase I need from my house. It's only $34,000 to get it there!

dan

Reg Mitchell
09-08-2006, 5:28 PM
Thanks tod....now my pic is complete and yes 3ph has the canisters. Here's the sweet part. It cost me $600 to get it into my shop. $8 a month + the amount of power I use....mannnnnnnnn I love it when a plan comes together
Reg

lou sansone
09-08-2006, 5:46 PM
your going to like the sound of the direct drive saw the moment you turn it on. you will have this big grin from ear to ear. I will never forget the first time I powered up the 5 hp direct drive motor with a 16 blade on it on my oliver 260D. The only thing better was when I powered up the 2nd 5 hp motor on the 260D. :)

best wishes
lou

Jim Becker
09-08-2006, 9:33 PM
Congratulations, Reg. BTW, be sure you check on the "fine details" of your 3ph billing plan. $8 + usage sounds very nice, but some folks have reported that their utilities get funky when you get a month with a big spike of usage followed by more normal levels. In other words, be sure you have no surprises... ;)

Steve Clardy
09-08-2006, 9:41 PM
Congratulations, Reg. BTW, be sure you check on the "fine details" of your 3ph billing plan. $8 + usage sounds very nice, but some folks have reported that their utilities get funky when you get a month with a big spike of usage followed by more normal levels. In other words, be sure you have no surprises... ;)

Normally theres a demand meter, gauge.

Its set on a calculated usage. Same charge every month, unless you go over whatever its set on. Then they raise your usage up a dab.

Friend of mine in town has a welding business. Three phase elec.
His bill has never been over $40.00 the last we talked about it.

I'd love to have 3phase, as I have three machines on convertors.

But the closest three phase is 4 miles away. I'm not even gonna ask what it would cost to get it here. And even if I did, they would probably say no.

Reg Mitchell
09-08-2006, 9:45 PM
its in the contract that way. They have 3 types of billing. Hobby, bussiness, and industrial. I come under the hobby for now. I am not exactly sure I am allowed befor I become a bussiness but I am going to know when I get the first bill. I know a few ppl at the power company and they will let me know.
Reg

lou sansone
09-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Normally theres a demand meter, gauge.

Its set on a calculated usage. Same charge every month, unless you go over whatever its set on. Then they raise your usage up a dab.

Friend of mine in town has a welding business. Three phase elec.
His bill has never been over $40.00 the last we talked about it.

I'd love to have 3phase, as I have three machines on convertors.

But the closest three phase is 4 miles away. I'm not even gonna ask what it would cost to get it here. And even if I did, they would probably say no.

wish my 3 phase bill was that low.. on average it is about 120 per month for my shop. I am pretty sure it is the wide belt killing me on the demand charge

lou

Bruce Page
09-08-2006, 11:27 PM
wish my 3 phase bill was that low.. on average it is about 120 per month for my shop. I am pretty sure it is the wide belt killing me on the demand charge

lou
Those appalling wide belts will do it to you every time! :eek: :D

Reg Mitchell
09-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Lou...I would imagin you do quiet a bit of work in you rshop also...do oyu do your woodworking for a liveing.
Reg

tod evans
09-09-2006, 6:31 AM
reg, my shop bill is pretty steady around 300 a month for a one man full time set up......02 tod

Reg Mitchell
09-09-2006, 9:34 AM
Thanks tod at least that gives me an idea of what a going amount would or could be
Reg :)