PDA

View Full Version : Success at last!

Sam Gardner
09-08-2006, 9:39 AM
I'm glad to post pic of a small box I cut out form 6mm hardwood on my Laserpro Spirit 25W in a single pass! I notice most newbies to lasers have problems with vector cutting, but it is by reading through this forum's threads that I learned the tricks of the trade especially the very detailed posts from Rodney as to laser settings (I cut 6mm on 100P .7S and 180PPI). So thanks to all who contribute freely their experiences and cdr files.I made some mods to the box (added rounded edges at the top) and sell these to craft shops for tourists. The wood is local woman's tongue tree (albizia lebbeck) extensively used in the old days for furniture, but rarely now because of the toxic dust when polishing. I also made the same box from 6mm perspex with no problems.

Shaddy Dedmore
09-08-2006, 9:46 AM
Looking good. I like the rounded additions.

How much are you getting for those? I found that I didn't want to do too many of those for the craft show scene because I'd have to charge too much to make up for the amount of time I have to put in on each box. I wouldn't be able to wholesale to a company and make even less.

Great job
Shaddy

Sam Gardner
09-11-2006, 1:53 AM
Shaddy
I charge the equivalent of $25 each . I also get custum made requests for gifts where i hen engrave the person's name or preferred graphic. As this is a total novelty here i can charge at a premium price!!
Sam