PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Gloat

Michael Em
09-08-2006, 1:42 AM
All my new books came at once (well except the router book for some reason). Holy moly do I have some reading to do :eek:

These Taunton books are gorgeous. I am a designer by trade (ad campaigns, marketing, etc) so I can really appreciate the time it took to create this gorgeous series of books! They are freak'n heavy with information too. Wow!

If you don't hear from me in a few weeks, it's because I'll be busy trying to figure out to wire my garage, figuring out the differences between a dado and scarf joint, and how to create one of 1000's of jigs for my table saw.

Come to think of it, I think I'm going to need more than a few weeks for all this. Thanks for all the help on suggestions with books. Well......I thank you, but my eyes don't :D

Michael

Chris Padilla
09-08-2006, 3:46 AM
Nice...now take 'em into the shop, set your coffee on 'em, get shavings on 'em and some glue on 'em...drop 'em a few times to "chip" the corners. Soon, they'll be just another tool in the shop! ;)

Russ Massery
09-08-2006, 9:13 AM
Some great choices there. I'm particularly fond of the "table saw magic" And Jeff Jewitt "Finishing".

Richard Niemiec
09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
When you read it you will find out that "Wiring a House" is the best of its kind - I had never done any serious wiring before, but with this book's clear and direct guidance, I have since wired two shops soup to nuts. Worth every penny, highly recommended, you'll get a lot of use out of it. RN

Julio Navarro
09-08-2006, 12:12 PM
I have the "Making Boxes" from Tauton and it is very well done. and the info is great.