PDA

View Full Version : Router DC

Chuck Hanger
09-07-2006, 5:03 PM
Hi all,
Been lurking here daily for about 4 months so I thought it is time to say "HI".
I am in the process of (just about completed) building a router table cabinet. What I need to know is I have a 1hp Delta dust collector that I purchased about 4 or 5 years ago. Will this DC handle both a dust box outlet as well as the fence hookup? The photo (if there) shows the fitting that I am thinking about using out the back of the cabinet. The dust collector is still brand new and packed in the original box. For many reasons my woodworking hobby was put on hold and is just now getting started in the right direction.

I read with great interest the wonderful knowledge that Creekers share with one another. Wonderful site.
Thanks,
Chuck

Aaron Beaver
09-07-2006, 5:08 PM
I had one of thos DC's and used it on my router table and it worked great. I have a table that had doors on the front. The DC was in the back corner and I also had the fence port with 1 1/2" hose I believe, maybe of been 2" but it hardly left any dust underneath inside the cabinet. Hose worked good but some still got a way on top.

Julio Navarro
09-07-2006, 5:11 PM
my advice would be to split the DC for your router table between your delta DC unit and a shop vac.

I have a 3hp cyclone connected to mine and I suppliment it with a shop vac hook up at the fence.

glenn bradley
09-07-2006, 5:25 PM
That is pretty much what I use with my RT and 1HP Delta. Works fine.

Chuck Hanger
09-07-2006, 6:56 PM
Been reading all of the posts on dust collection and just did not know if it would have enough suction to handle both top and bottom. Thanks for the replys.
Chuck