PDA

View Full Version : Trend Airshield owners

George Conklin
09-07-2006, 1:22 PM
Does anyone know if the battery needs to be completely discharged before recharging? Also, does it hurt the battery if it is left on the charger for long periods?

Pete Jordan
09-07-2006, 2:43 PM
I was told that you do not have to let it completely discharge and it does not hurt but I can't remember my source. Be careful when putting the battery in the helmet. I broke off the end and had to get a replacement.

Dennis Peacock
09-07-2006, 7:42 PM
George,

Should not have to be fully discharged. I would not over charge the battery pack. This can shorten the life of the pack.

Bob Noles
09-07-2006, 7:59 PM
George,

I don't let my battery run all the way down if I can help it, but does not seem to matter either way. I normally put it on the charger and try to remember to go out to the shop and unplug it the next day. So far all has worked well.

Wayne Bitting
09-08-2006, 12:48 PM
If you are worried about over charging or forgetting to take the battery out, here is what I do so that my cordless drill battery is ready for me. I bought a heavy duty light timer and set the timer for 11pm Friday night, it stays on for a couple of hours and then shuts off. Every Saturday morning when I go out to start my weekend warrior remodeling, the drill is always ready. So far so good.