PDA

View Full Version : Sears Pro 15"

Bernie Weishapl
09-06-2006, 9:53 PM
Well I have been having trouble as you have seen in one of my previous posts. I have had to have the Sears Repairman out 2 times and tomorrow will be the 3rd time. I was a little angry about the problems and decided to call Palmgren who makes the lathe for Sears. Well first thing Mark at Palmgren ask me was what the lot number it was. Well we couldn't find a model, serial or anything. He said the the tag should be at this point. I told him it was not there. He said it was probably one of the bad lots which was Lot #2003. He said they had a problem from Feb. to July of 2003 and recalled them all. Well he told me that over the past 2 yrs. that Sears did not send them all back for the recall.

Anyway I got home from a road trip today and the wife tells me that there is a 90 lb. package in the back of the car for me. I told her I did not order or buying anything. I looked at the invoice and this thing was shipped yesterday UPS overnight. Mark called me and told me they came in Saturday but no one was working. When he came to work Tuesday morning he said he saw them and test 4 or 5 of them. He had his shipping clerk pack this one up and send it out overnight from Chicago NO CHARGE. A brand new 2006 Headstock.

So I hope and pray that this thing works. When it does work it is a nice lathe to use and I like it a lot. Anyway here it is in the box. Sorry for being so long winded but I felt Palmgren went above and beyond.

John Hart
09-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Nice to see a good story Bernie. Glad it's working out for you. Hopefully this is the end of the probs.;)

George Conklin
09-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm with John, on it being nice to see a good story. So often we only see/hear the bad things. When companies do right, (as they should) they should get there "props".

I hope this solves your problems and gets you more turn time:) .

Andy Hoyt
09-06-2006, 10:38 PM
That's outstanding news, Bernie.

But does this mean you're cancelling that order for the Oneway?

Bernie Weishapl
09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Awww Andy you just had to get in the last word. You should have seen the look my wife gave me when she read that and it wasn't good. :eek: :D

I too felt that Palmgren deserves kudo's. Mark and Palmgren did not have to do that since I bought it from Sears. Then to send it out 90 lbs. overnight had to be $$$$ to boot.

Corey Hallagan
09-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Allright Bernie! I hope you get all fixed up there. Hey Buddy my fingers are crossed :)

Corey

Cecil Arnold
09-06-2006, 11:38 PM
That's great news Bernie. Too bad Sears didn't do the right thing. Maybe they can learn from their suppliers.

Barry Stratton
09-07-2006, 2:32 AM
Fingers are crossed in the frozen north hoping that THIS fixes your issues Bernie. GOOD on the manufacturer.

Bob Noles
09-07-2006, 6:32 AM
Bernie,

Here's to the old saying.... all's well that ends well. Sure hope that corrects the problem once and for all and you can now have uninterupted spinning.

Keith Burns
09-07-2006, 8:25 AM
Good news is always nice to hear Bernie. Now its time to get it together and start turning:D :)

Daniel Heine
09-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Hello,

I have a Palmgren lathe I bought from Mark at the Plamgren Company. It worked great for about ten minutes, and died. I called the next day, and he gave me a couple of things to check, and later found that the connector to the switch had fallen off. Plugged it back in, and back up and running. About two weeks later, I'm turning a bowl, and the motor starts making a strange noise and slows way down. I call Mark again, and the next morning I'm at their doorstep picking up a brand new headstock. Been about six months now, and no problems at all. I am VERY happy with this lathe.

I hope someday to have a Oneway or Powermatic, but this lathe was perfect fro my budget, and for what my son wnated to turn.

To my mind, Palmgrean offers the very best quality in srvicing their products, and their customers. A++++ in my book, and that is very hard to find in this day and age.

Happy Turning,
Dan Heine

Bernie Weishapl
09-07-2006, 2:10 PM
Thanks everyone. Thanks Daniel. Hopefully this will take care of my problem to. I plugged it in this morning and I can already tell you it is quieter and smoother than the old one. I will be able to hopefully order a bigger lathe in about 3 yrs. just before I retire.

Ernie Nyvall
09-09-2006, 6:49 AM
Wow, great story Bernie. I'm a little late reading this, but it's a good story to start off my weekend with. Sort of a lift. Thanks for posting.