PDA

View Full Version : Paying project, need woodworker in AZ

Joe Jensen
09-06-2006, 8:29 PM
I have a business aquaintance who is looking for a reliable shop to build a cabinet. The cabinet needs to look like an antique and there will be pictures of the original. The cabinet will be about 2 feet deep, 5 feet wide, and about 36 inches tall. I think there is a granite top which would be supplied be the owner. It would be fabricated out of alder or a softer wood and would have a distressed finish. The cabinet will be an island in a Kitchen.

My day job is consuming 70 hours a week and my kids get the rest, so I can't tackle it.

Is there anyone on Sawmill Creek interested in quoting? This would be in the Phx metro area...joe

Mark Rios
09-06-2006, 8:34 PM
Sounds like a piece has been destroyed somehow and they are trying to replicate it?

Oh man, better have a good contract on that one. :eek:

There's a couple of Creekers in Phoenix IIRC. Hope you find someone.

Don Baer
09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
I'd tackle it but my plate is full at the moment. maybe if I had som pics to see what they had in mind.

Frank Chaffee
09-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Joe,
While metro-PX is a ways from Cave Creek, I do have a friend there who could build the required cabinet. He mostly builds doors, especially planed from wild wood, but also utilizes materials such as saguaro in his constructions, so I think he would be able to accommodate a distressed design.

Creeker Dave Falkenstein may also be able to do this, if he has come down from the cool highlands yet.

PM me for a phone number if you are interested Joe.

Frank

Barry Richardson
09-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Joe,
I live in Goodyear and have a home shop, I'd be glad to speak to your friend and discuss his project, I can email examples of my work or he can come over and check them out. If I'm not his man, I know another guy in Avondale who has a shop and does custom wood work, has been at it quite a while and probably has some pretty good references. Just let me know. Thanks Barry