PDA

View Full Version : This might explain a few things....

Curt Fuller
09-06-2006, 8:24 PM
Many will recall that on July 8, 1947, witnesses claim an unidentified object with five aliens aboard crashed on a sheep and cattle ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico.
This is a well known incident that many say has long been covered up by the US Air Force and the federal government.
However, you may well NOT know that in the month of March 1948, exactly nine months after that historic day, Albert Arnold Gore, Jr.; Hillary Rodham; John F. Kerry; William Jefferson Clinton; Howard Dean; Nancy Pelosi; Dianne Feinstein; Charles E. Schumer; and Barbara Boxer were born.
That piece of information has now cleared up a lot of things.

;) :D :eek:

Frank Chaffee
09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Well Curt,
While gestation periods for the beings you have brought to our attention defy laws of time and space as we know them (all save for Al Gore Jr, being born up to eight years before the fated day in March 1949), I suggest we open our arms to all immigrants, illegal or alien, given the news stories I have been reading lately, as we obviously need all the help we can get here on mother earth.

Is anyone else concerned about news of global warming or pollution?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5314592.stm

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Intersex-Fish.html?ex=1158206400&en=775344529e6bbd64&ei=5070

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Warming-Permafrost.html

Seriously, I cannot imagine more pressing concerns.
Frank

Jim Bell
09-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Golly! I think I'll plant a tree on the way to the gas station. :D
Jim

Matt Warfield
09-07-2006, 3:22 AM
Frank

It's interesting that all three links come from "news" proliferators. When was the last time you saw an article on scientists debunking global warming? It's not that they're not out there but it's not captivating news. But not airing that side of the issue is certainly adding a bias to what's conveyed to the reader.

The only fact of the matter is that no one knows for sure. Heck, the weather sciences can't even provide an accurate forecast a high percentage of the time, which means absolutely nothing to global warming. It does reveal that there is certainly a margin of error in the fields of science. In this case, they're measure CO2 at a pretty small spot at one location on the earth. Do they say how the current CO2 levels at that location compare to other locations throughout the earth? The only conclusive thing I can see from that article is that they'll receive additional grant monies for further research and hence, keep their job. Isn't it great? They'll blame the oil companies for going after $$ too!! :) Oh what a sordid world in which we live. Thank goodness for the Creek as a refuge!!

Mike Sheppard
09-07-2006, 8:18 AM
I like to ice fish, and if not for the use of hair spray, large suv's, and ac used by those folks in the 1300,s I could do it year round.
Mike

Bruce Benjamin
09-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Is anyone else concerned about news of global warming or pollution?

Frank

I'm no more concerned about this episode of global warming than I would've been had I been around for any of the many other episodes of global warming in Earth's history. Oh my god! There's a giant glowing ball of fire coming up over the Eastern horizon! What did you do to cause that?! Oh yeah. It's done that before hasn't it? That's what the Earth does. It gets warmer, then it gets cooler. Warmer, then cooler. It's only been recently that people are around to blame. The Earth is constantly changing and there isn't anything we can do to stop it. Bu...Bu...But we're causing hurricanes! Uh, yeah. Never had those around before.:rolleyes:

Bruce

Helen Gee
09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
It's interesting that all three links come from "news" proliferators. When was the last time you saw an article on scientists debunking global warming? It's not that they're not out there but it's not captivating news. But not airing that side of the issue is certainly adding a bias to what's conveyed to the reader.

I get my news from here :D :p

New, Delicious Species Discovered (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31017)

:D :D :D :D

Zahid Naqvi
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Let's just say global warning is a hoax, still I don't see what is the problem with preserving and protecting the planet we live on. At worst we are being over cautious, but if they are correct the consequences can be grave. It's simple logic, if you live in a house you owe it to your (and your family's) well being to keep it clean and healthy. This is the cost of ownership we all understand and are willing to pay, surprising why we don't feel the same about earth.

I don't know why has this become a liberal VS conservative debate.

Jim Becker
09-07-2006, 4:50 PM
Just a reminder folks...don't stray into the political, please.

Jim

Dennis Peacock
09-07-2006, 7:26 PM
Mr. Becker has already beat me to the punch on this one. Thanks Jim..!!

Curt Fuller
09-07-2006, 8:02 PM
Sorry, it was meant as a joke.

George Conklin
09-07-2006, 9:09 PM
I thought it was funny:D .

Matt Warfield
09-07-2006, 9:33 PM
I get my news from here :D :p

New, Delicious Species Discovered (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31017)

:D :D :D :D

OMG!! Thank you! Thank you!! I've been so busy lately that I haven't gotten my daily dosages of the onion. I owe you one big time!!

Matt Warfield
09-07-2006, 9:38 PM
I thought it was funny:D .

Me too. But then I digressed in the early am hours. I wasn't attempting to be political either but more anti-"the sky is falling." Agreed, we can do more to take care of our planet which is why I saved logs from the adjacent housing development that they were going to put in the landfill. Or did I do that for the lumber? Guess it really doesn't matter. But I will say that the price of gas has encouraged me to be environmentally sound. I now allow my car to burn more oil than gas. :eek:

Al Willits
09-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Gobal warming??? I live in Minnesota, what's the problem?? :)

Personally I think over population is more important, but I like peanut butter on my hambugers, so what do I know....:D

I'd rather read the Onion than the local paper, its more accurate....:rolleyes:

Al

Lee DeRaud
09-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Gobal warming??? I live in Minnesota, what's the problem?? :)

Personally I think over population is more important...Pretty much the same problem when you get right down to it.