PDA

View Full Version : dust collector setup

Mike Evertsen
10-08-2003, 12:18 PM
I reran my dust collector,,I think this might work better,,the dust collector is
a penn state DC3-XL5 the chips go into the chip seperator then dust goes up to the dust bag in the rafters,,I hope it works this way havn't tried it yet,,

nic obie
10-08-2003, 1:06 PM
Have you tried it yet?

What do you think?

Mike Evertsen
10-08-2003, 1:26 PM
Have you tried it yet?

What do you think?

the dust collector works great for me I had set up in the rafters but there was to many curves and I used plastic hose as connectors so I could use plastic y's and elbows,,in this setup I eliminated the plastic,,,,with few turns it should up the suction at the machines,,,I used 4" furnace pipe because I couldn't afford real dust collector pipe,,,today I got the new penn state catalog they now carry economy pipe it's 26ga. instead of 20ga. they have all y's elbows and pipe about half the cost of 20 ga. I might order some wide sweep elbows and see if they fit furnace pipe,,,,

Terre Hooks
10-08-2003, 2:55 PM
I may be looking at this thing wrong, but it looks like the chips & dust are going through the impeller first, then down into the separator, then the residual dust goes up into the attic?

Is this what you say you are doing different?

Please let us know how well this works.

nic obie
10-08-2003, 9:22 PM
I may be looking at this thing wrong, but it looks like the chips & dust are going through the impeller first, then down into the separator, then the residual dust goes up into the attic?

Is this what you say you are doing different?

Please let us know how well this works.

I was wondering the same.

Did you try it the 'usual' way first? Any improvement on suck?

Did you have any trouble sealing the chip separator? Does it blow the lid off the can? (hehe, it should).

I bet you are thinking about just venting the fines from the roof.

bad boy