PDA

View Full Version : Ind. WoodWorks - Time?

Jim Guy
10-08-2003, 12:11 PM
I'm fairly new to woodworking, about 6 months. A few months ago I completed my 600sf shop. I'm spending almost every night there and enjoying every minute of it. I will be traveling to my first show on Friday morning. (Woodworks in Ind.) I have signed up for one class first thing in the morning. I was planning on heading back home at the end of the day. (About a 3 hour drive.) Since I have never been before, I'm wondering if I am cutting my time to short. Any advice from anyone who has attended in the past!
Thanks in advance.

Keith Outten
10-08-2003, 5:14 PM
Jim,

I know some people who never leave a show untill they close the doors on the second day or they run out of money and their credit cards are all maxed out.

Of course I'm not in either category, I know when to quit :)

David Hayes
10-09-2003, 10:23 AM
I believe the class is around 2 hours long? If so, that would give you 4 to 6 hours to look around. That should be enough time unless you get into long conversations with some of the vendors. When I go to these shows, I become the proverbial "kid in the candy store" and spend too much time drooling over things that I want but don't need.

If you find yourself longing for more at the end of the day, you could always get a hotel room and hit it again!

Dave