PDA

View Full Version : Forum Server Problems - 'Other Places'

Rick Doyle
09-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Well, it looks like SMC isn't the only WW forum that gets hit on occasion with the tehcnical glitches that cause server outages. This morning, I checked into what's commonly known here as the 'other' forum only to see this message:

SQL ERROR: Wed, Sep 06 2006 08:52:25 -0500 Database error only visible to forum administrators

I'm not a forum administrator over there, far from it, but I could clearly see this message! Maybe that's not what the meaning of the message is. Whatever it means - they're out of action right now anyway.

Not that the admins here should take any comfort from the misfortune of other forums, but at least it's good to know that you're not alone in having to fight misfortune sometimes.:D

Mark Rios
09-06-2006, 10:33 AM
It was only down for a minute or two.

Keith Outten
09-06-2006, 3:24 PM
Anytime a woodworking forum is down and any of our Members have information concerning the problem the friendly thing to do is to post the information here at SMC.

The folks at Wood Central have always been kind when our server has been down by allowing posts in their forum to keep everyone appraised of our situation. Common courtesy dictates that we should return the favor and work together when these things happen to any forum, believe me I know how stressfull it can be when a server goes down.

You guys and gals know that there isn't really any ill feelings between any of the woodworking Forum Administrators/Owners. Each of the major Forums serve their Members in their own way and generally speaking woodworkers have their favorite Forum that they patronise based on their own personal preferences. Owners run hardware and software, the Members give each Forum life and provide the atmosphere that makes each one unique.

Brett Baldwin
09-06-2006, 5:14 PM
We all know where the cool guys hang out. ;)