PDA

View Full Version : Howdy folks

Greg Peterson
09-06-2006, 2:06 AM
Been lurking around here for a short time and figure I better drop in and and at least say hi.

Hi everyone.

This is a pretty nice forum with lots of good info from lots of friendly folks. glad I found out about Sawmill Creek.

Greg Ladd
09-06-2006, 5:20 AM
Wade on in and enjoy the waters. I cannot imagine a place that is more helpful.

Greg

Keith Outten
09-06-2006, 5:31 AM
Welcome Greg

Bob Noles
09-06-2006, 5:40 AM
Great to have you with us. Pull up and make yourself at home.

tod evans
09-06-2006, 6:54 AM
welcome greg!

Jay Knoll
09-06-2006, 7:29 AM
Hey Greg, glad you decided to splash around with us

Jay

Mark Singer
09-06-2006, 7:30 AM
Greg Welcome!

Karl Laustrup
09-06-2006, 7:31 AM
Welcome Greg. Glad to have you. Remember we do like PICTURES.

Karl

Jim Tobias
09-06-2006, 8:11 AM
Welcome Greg. You will enjoy this forum as it is very user friendly!

Jim

Andy Fox
09-06-2006, 9:53 AM
Welcome Greg.

Steve Clardy
09-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Howdy back at cha Greg:)

Ken Fitzgerald
09-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the Creek Greg! Did anyone mention we like photos?

Steve Beadle
09-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi, Greg! And welcome to SMC, from a fellow Oregonian. What kind of projects do you like to do with your woodworking?
Also, are you planning on attending the Woodworking Show in October?
Steve

Greg Peterson
09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the warm, generous welcome gentlemen. The water here feels fine indeed.

I've heard rumor that you guys like pictures. I'll try to be co-operative in this regard.

Steve - I'm a newbie. recently finished an adirondack chair for the wife. Went with the Lee Valley plan so you can get an idea of what it looks like. However, I didn't like the idea a bazillion screw heads showing so I bought a plug cutter and made plugs out of a chunk of African Teak. Flush cut and hit 'em with my Stanley 60 1/2 , cleaned it up with a ROS and she looks pretty good.

I found out in the process that cedar is a contact agent that fires up a severe case of excema(sic). I had to take a week off a couple of times to let my hands calm down enough to get back to work. Needless to say, no more cedar projects for me.

I love hand tools. Hand planes, chisels, brace and auger bits, dovetail, tenon, rip and cross cut saws.

I do have a variety of power tools. I have no problem with burning off and elctron or two when neccessary.

Current projects in various states of progress:
Electric six string lap slide guitar
Chessboard
* Cabinet for my Fender Deluxe amp I built a couple of years ago
And rehabbing my garage/shop. Pulling down T&G knotty pine boards, repairing termite damage, upgrading electrical service to house, building a wall to partition off shop, wiring shop, insulating shop, re-installing knotty pine.

* - I built this amp from scratch a couple years back. Shortly after finishing it, my brother inherited a old craftsman TS. He didn't have room for it, so I told him he could store it at my place for a while.

I guess you could say I kind of accidentally started into woodworking.

I'll have pictures soon. I know these projects are merely rumors otherwise.:)

Yes, I am going to the show in october. Saving my coins now.

Corey Hallagan
09-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi Greg and welcome to SMC. Great place here, you will like it.

Corey

Mike Cutler
09-07-2006, 8:04 AM
Welcome to Sawmill Creek Greg. Glad you decided to come in.

Always good to have another ax-man around. Someday we should all get together and wail 'til the dogs howl.

Once again,welcome, and pleased to meet ya'

Mike