PDA

View Full Version : PC Warranty Issues

Dar Lounsbury
09-05-2006, 9:15 PM
New PC 310 trim router for xmas. Cool. First time I get chance to use is in late January. Ten minutes and the switch is toast. Grrrrr. Take to dealer and he will "get fixed". One month, two, three and it returns in May with new switch. Double grrrr. Next chance I get to use is last week and after two or three minutes, sounds like it is crushing rocks. Back to dealer who tells me warranty is void as someone has taken it apart (to replace switch). Nothing is going to turn him around. This dealer is out so where do I send it? Total use time, 18 to 20 minutes tops.:mad:

I really like the PC 310 and would not want a different brand. I cannot afford to get burned too many times (once is enough). For all I have heard, these must be better than this one.

Jim Becker
09-05-2006, 9:21 PM
You gotta be kidding! The place gets it fixed for you and then has the brass ones to claim someone else opened it up? Do you have a receipt for the repair? My suggestion is to contact PC directly and deal with an official company service center. They are pretty much all over and handle PC, Dewalt, Delta, etc., all under one roof. You can search for a service center at this link: http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=257

Jamie Buxton
09-05-2006, 9:25 PM
The warranty is actually provided by Porter-Cable, not the dealer. Look in the literature which came with the router to find PC's repair locations. Or look on PC's web site for the same info.

Steve Clardy
09-05-2006, 9:25 PM
I've always had good service from the PC guys in KC

Dar Lounsbury
09-05-2006, 9:39 PM
You gotta be kidding! The place gets it fixed for you and then has the brass ones to claim someone else opened it up? Do you have a receipt for the repair? My suggestion is to contact PC directly and deal with an official company service center. They are pretty much all over and handle PC, Dewalt, Delta, etc., all under one roof. You can search for a service center at this link: http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=257
Thanks Jim. Found one 20 miles from here. Will give it to them to see what happens next. Can't seem to find receipt but service tag for switch is still hanging on cord. (This tag was not good enough for guy at tool dealer) (??)

tod evans
09-06-2006, 7:10 AM
I've always had good service from the PC guys in KC

p/c service at HK&W supply in springfield.....four stars and nice guys to boot......02 tod

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Bad switches/cords are the reason I won't buy PC anymore. Something happened 5 or 6 years ago, and they just can't seem to get it fixed...at least for me. I have ONE PC tool (small router for dovetailing) that the switch hasn't gone bad on...but I've only used it five or six times.

KC