PDA

View Full Version : Neander Meander 2003 Pics

Roger Myers
10-08-2003, 9:45 AM
A little more rested, but still smiling from the memories of a truly wonderful get together in Fergus, I've finally got a few minutes to post a few pictures that capture some of the spirit of he event.

Roger Myers
10-08-2003, 9:50 AM
And just a few more pictures...
Did I mention what a great time I had?

In the group photo we have:

Front Row L-R : Doug Evans and Dave Anderson
Middle Row: Steve Kubien, Sam Simpson, Paul Barnard and yours truly
Back Row: Jim Crammond, Ben Knebel, Jim Haddox, John Allman

Doug Evans
10-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Here's a great shot from the stage of The Red Green Show.

Doug

Dave Anderson NH
10-08-2003, 11:46 AM
As folks might have guessed from the pix Roger and Doug posted we had a fabulous time. A combination of toolmaking, new and old tool hunting, a saw and flour mill tour, the joyous insanity of the Red Green Show taping, good food, good drink, and good company. What more could you ask for. Well, there was more, as the pictures show. A first nite dinner with a vertical single malt scotch tasting, a kilted piper to lead us in to dinner, the fine meal, and Celtic songs by one of the finest voices I've ever heard. The finale for the evening were the readings from Scotland's all time favorite poet Robert Burns in a burr so thick you felt you were in the Highlands.

While new and old tool content and toolmaking were the major highlights of the events themselves, the fellowship and camaraderie were even more significant. I think all of us were thrilled with the opportunity to meet friends from the net with whom we had conducted conversations, in some cases for several years. In my case, I got to meet people with whom I had corresponded for as long as 5 years but had never met face to face. I was not disappointed. With ZERO exceptions everyone was as nice or nicer in person than I had imagined. While the 600+ mile drive each way was tiring, I would literally do it again tomorrow if it wouldn't cause Sue to go bonkers.

As soon as I get the chance, hopefully tonite, I'll post more pictures. They are still in the camera waiting to be downloaded. One piece of advice-- If you get the chance to go to this one next year, don't miss it!

scott pollack
10-08-2003, 6:47 PM
dave and roger, that really looks and sounds neat. im glad y'all had fun. and i will admit, i am a bit jealous. maybe someday we'll have something like that here in va! thanks for the pics. scotty

Jim Stastny
10-08-2003, 9:57 PM
Pictures like that tempt me to join the dark side :p
Looks like a great time.