PDA

View Full Version : Wife's vase

Mike Wenzloff
09-05-2006, 4:13 PM
Hi Y'all,

I don't do much turning other than tool handles or the odd bowl. My wife does, though. But...she usually doesn't want me to post her work, which is typically very nice. I did get permission to post this both in process and once it is done.

Pink Ivory. She has since bored in for a tenon and epoxied the tennoned Katalox top cap on and will be finishing this vase on her next day off. So the next picture will be the completed vase...

http://wenzloffandsons.com/temp/turnings/pink_ivory_vase_0004.jpg

Take care, Mike

Jim Becker
09-05-2006, 4:16 PM
I suspect that's going to be a really beautiful base, Mike, and I'm glad you're posting it. Please ask your wife to share even more!

Mark Pruitt
09-05-2006, 4:35 PM
I suspect that's going to be a really beautiful base, Mike, and I'm glad you're posting it. Please ask your wife to share even more!
...and while you're asking, also ask her to join SMC!

Bernie Weishapl
09-05-2006, 6:49 PM
You bet Mike. Tell her we would like her to and we encourage her to join. That is going to be one nice piece when completed. We like pictures.

Mike Wenzloff
09-05-2006, 7:15 PM
Well, y'all will get pictures. She doesn't--and won't--do woodworking forums. But you will get the finished picture. Now if this was a place for geneological research...

Thank you, Jim and Bernie, for the kind words. I'll pass the compliment along.

Take care, Mike

Bob Noles
09-05-2006, 8:12 PM
Mike....

You were not supposed to show that pic.... REMEMBER? :) I have told you before and I'll tell ya again... you got a gem of a woman! Only flaw she has is the same one my wife has..... genealogy :eek: :eek: :eek: I know what you have to deal with ole buddy :p

Tell her that is one nice turning and if y'all lived closer I would have to take turning lessons from her and saw lessons from you ;)

Have a great one Mike and thanks for all the help

Mike Wenzloff
09-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Hah! She kind of liked showing it when she saw it on the forum. Kind of made it "official" I suppose.

One of these days she will be comfortable to show her turnings. We'll see, but I suspect she will still have me post them.

Take care, Mike

Corey Hallagan
09-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Boy, that is a beautiful piece of wood. Can't wait to see it finished.

corey

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-05-2006, 11:35 PM
That has the potential of being a wonderful piece. I'm sure it will be, too.

Bruce

Ernie Nyvall
09-06-2006, 10:07 PM
I believe that's going to look great Mike. Hope to see it finished.