PDA

View Full Version : Finally made the decision GO514x

Liem Tran
09-05-2006, 1:36 PM
Hello everyone!
I finally made room for a new bandsaw. I was able to sell my little Jet 12" a couple of days ago. Not a bad deal, for me that is. :) I paid $329, Amazon sale, sold it for $300. Had it for a little over 1yr. Anyway, I ordered the Grizzly GO514x. I tried to do some research on this model but can't seem to find much info. Everyone seems to be happy with the GO513 so I think the GO514x can't be bad. Now I need some help with blade selection. I'm looking to buy 4 blades from Timberwolf. I want blades that can cover pretty much everything. I was thinking of a 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", and 1". What would you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Liem

John Bailey
09-05-2006, 2:10 PM
Good for you Liem. Although I've decided to spend a little more money, I'd like to hear everything about that saw. Who knows, maybe I'll decide to save a little money.

John

Frank Fusco
09-05-2006, 4:36 PM
Hello everyone!
I finally made room for a new bandsaw. I was able to sell my little Jet 12" a couple of days ago. Not a bad deal, for me that is. :) I paid $329, Amazon sale, sold it for $300. Had it for a little over 1yr. Anyway, I ordered the Grizzly GO514x. I tried to do some research on this model but can't seem to find much info. Everyone seems to be happy with the GO513 so I think the GO514x can't be bad. Now I need some help with blade selection. I'm looking to buy 4 blades from Timberwolf. I want blades that can cover pretty much everything. I was thinking of a 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", and 1". What would you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Liem

I'm sure it is a great machine. But you might wait before buying the 1/8" blade. On my G0555 the bottom support bearing will not come forward enough to give support on a 1/8" blade. If you have a chance to seen one of the 0514 in a Griz store, do take a look at the adjustment range before making that 1/8" blade decision. Otherwise, it's a hoss and should be the last band saw you ever need.

Liem Tran
09-05-2006, 5:48 PM
Frank,
You are absolutely right about the 1/8" blade. I called and talk to someone at Suffolk Machinery he said the same thing. He recommended the 3/16" instead. I 'll let you guys know how the saw turns out along with some pics.

Thanks
Liem