PDA

View Full Version : TX. BBQ. not too long

Steve Jenkins
10-08-2003, 9:02 AM
Well here we are down to less than 3 weeks. I've yet to get things straightened up around here. Those of you that have been to my shop know that there is no way to get more than a couple people in here until I do.

Again just to refresh memories and for those that haven't heard we are getting together the weekend of 24,25,26 Oct. here at Furniture Crafters in Dallas for a bit of a BBQ. Stephen Stokes will be cooking a pig and hopefully some of you will be bringing side dishes. We are planning to have dinner at 2:00 pm on Sat. the 25th.

Friday and Sunday are for anyone who would like to just get together and shoot the breeze. It should be a fun and relaxing weekend of good fellowship, food and seeing and playing with some toys, oops I mean tools.

Coming down from WA. are Dave and Sandy Smith and Sophie and Becky Sophusson.

If anyone would like to demo ANYTHING you are welcome to do so and if you need anything that you can't bring let me know and I will try to have it on hand. I have plenty of lumber type wood but no green turning blanks (hint hint) since (GASP)I don't have a lathe. A couple people have offered to bring lathes so there will be some turning going on.

It looks like we will have about 30 or so at this point. The more the merrier.

Furniture Crafters is located at 11455 Newkirk St. #1402 Dallas,TX. 75229 and the phone is 972 247-9086.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you. It's always fun to meet face to face after meeting online.
See you soon.

Mike Mastin
10-08-2003, 10:39 AM
Steve,

I can bring my little JET 1236 lathe for the BBQ. I do not have a chuck for it though, only face plates.

I can also bring a few sticks of green wood for the turners and I am sure that I have some nice Big Leaf Maple burl that we can give away for doorprizes plus a bit of figured wood for those normal woodworkers that will be attending!

Steve Jenkins
10-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Mike the lathe and the wood are super. I think that Dave A. mentioned he has a chuck that will fit it. If not I bet someone else will. As for the wood EXCELLENT. The only thing is I wouldn't say NORMAL woodworkers. Don't forget that those spinners have really long sharp tools and may take offense at not being considered normal.:>) Steve

Dave Arbuckle
10-08-2003, 12:47 PM
I can bring my SuperNova, but I think Mike's being kind of mean leaving me out of the drawing. Normal not being the most common thing I'm called... ;)

Dave

Dave Smith
10-09-2003, 2:29 AM
I will have most of my turning stuff but I am not bringing my Tormek. Will somebody be bringing one along. I will bring my jigs. I think Dave brought his two years ago. I have been spoiled with the sharp tools since getting the Tormek.

Since Mike is going to provide some bigleaf maple I don't need to bring any along. I'll have some Dave Smith original turnings for boobie prizes. Looking forward to the gathering.

Dave Smith

Steve Jenkins
10-09-2003, 7:55 AM
Dave, I have a Tormek so bring whatever jigs you need and know you will be covered. Steve