PDA

View Full Version : Master Bathroom Remodel Progress

Scott Coffelt
09-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I have been slowly working my way through a MBR remodel. Here are some progress pics. The original bathroom had crappy white cabinets as you can see in one of the photos and white ceramic tile and a carpete covered 2x8 step in front of the jacuzzi. So far I have installed one of the curly cherry vanities, the other is finished waiting to be installed. I also have built a new curved stair out of Iroko, it needs to final sanding and then some type of protectant from water spots. I have begun to install slate flooring. Plans include black counter tops (still trying to figure what type), white sinks (either a partial vessle type or under cabinet style, I've kept the vanities to a height that would work with either), curly cherry cover with removable access panels for the front of the Jacuzzi tube, new tile for the bath surround and shower (though not sure what exactly yet - I like the idea of slate then accent pieces, wife is thinking something else), removal of big mirrors and replacing with something smaller, wall sconces and other lights, glass blocks for the end of the shower, new shower doors, redesigning the shelf above sink and tube, tall base trim, new faucets, nicer designed cat seat (arched to make step of tub), possibly new trim around doors and windows and finally lighter color paint, something other than basic. It's a lot easier and faster to completely shut down the space while working in it, but decided to still have it usuable during th remodel so it is adding some complexity to the whole thing.