PDA

View Full Version : Pre Glued Edge Banding

Rich Torino
09-05-2006, 9:56 AM
Just about all the WW catalogs (Rockler, Woodcraft, etc) carry edge banding in various types of wood. The price seem to vary quite a bit from 20ish bucks for a 50' roll to 30ish bucks for a 200' roll. Is there any preferance out there relative to quality?? I have used oak banding from Rockler before and it worked well but it is also the most expensive..

Rob Diz
09-05-2006, 12:57 PM
As with all of the wood products Rockler sells, I think they get a bit of a premium for the "one stop shopping". I like to buy my edge banding from my wood supplier, who sells to most of the commercial wood shops in town. It's good stuff, and much less expensive than Rockler.

glenn bradley
09-05-2006, 1:35 PM
I agree with Rob. My Rockler manager is quite open about his carrying wood products as a courtesy. He doesn't move enough of it to discount prices but if you're caught needing that quick piece of ebony or veneer, he wants to have it available.

My local lumber yard will beat the price and frequently have better quality (through a wider selection) than a store that also sells some wood products. However, they're closed on Sunday and Rockler isn't so that would be a prime example of the convenience factor.

Joe Trautt
09-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Fastcap makes a great edge banding the glue really sticks well...a tip if you have a roll of preglued sieze up put in freezer over night then slam on a table ..that should make it usable again..

Rich Torino
09-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback.... I ordered a 200' roll from Woodworkers Supply for 40 bucks. It should do the job....

Rob Diz
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM
That's a good price.

I just paid $50 for a 250 roll of Maple locally.