PDA

View Full Version : Clock

Mac McAtee
10-07-2003, 9:38 PM
Finished up this clock on Sunday morning and got it off in the mail to a friend in Norway as a birthday present.

Came from an article in a recent wood working magazine. I like the design. The lighter color wood is some birdseye maple. Darker wood is something that I got from a scrap pile at a veneer importer. Don't know what it is, looks a little like wenge but I don't think that is it.

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-07-2003, 9:41 PM
That's REALLY nice Mac! The woods really work well together, and the design is beautiful. What a wonderful present, I am sure it will be treasured by your friend. Thanks for sharing your great work! :D

Jerry Todd
10-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Hey Mac, I like the clock. What are the dimensions?
Jerry

Jim Becker
10-07-2003, 10:42 PM
That's a fine clock, Mac. Your friend is indeed lucky!!

Jim Young
10-07-2003, 10:44 PM
I like it Mac. Been thinking about something like that as Christmas presents.

John Miliunas
10-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Very nice, Mac! That's one lucky recipient. Yeah, I think I'd like to make a couple for Christmas, too. Sadly, with my current moving, then reorganizing agenda, that may mean Christmas, 2004. Uh...Maybe 2005! :cool:

Mac McAtee
10-08-2003, 8:14 AM
Hey Mac, I like the clock. What are the dimensions?
Jerry

Jerry,
It stands around 8 1/2" tall and the top piece is 3 1/8" X 6". This design and the source for the clock works and the mica decoration, you can't see that in the picture too well, is part of the article. Later on today I'll post the name of the magazine and issue, and try another picture, should someone want to take another look at it. This is the second one I made and it would make a great Christmas gift. Not to very involved in making it, it took about 4 days of normal free time to put it together. Every part is glued, no fasteners, I just hope the glue holds together through a winter in Norway.

Byron Trantham
10-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Jerry,
I lo-o-o-o-ks good. I love the stain color. Your friend will love it, I'm sure.

Mac McAtee
10-08-2003, 2:01 PM
Thank you Byron, no stain however, just a wipe on oil base finish and some wax.

Later on this evening I am going to try and put another picture up. Every time I make the pictures small enough for the system to accept them, they go fuzzy. I would think reducing the size of the picture would make it more clear. I just have to fool around with another, better picture until I get it the right file size and no fuzziness. I am also going to post the magazine and issue for anyone who wants to look it up.